One light to get rid of, one more to buy..

furls

Newly Enlightened
Having become seriously addicted to high end personal lights.. I have a decision to make. Forget the underwater lights, I've already lost that battle.. I ended up with a SF L4 & a SF L5 (wanted to see the difference in person). Basicly the same unit but one has more throw and the other has a wider spill. Both run about the same time and both are similarly sized. Unfortunately I want a bigger light, an incan. Looking at the M6 or something rechargable..

Anyone have any suggestions? Thoughts?

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
If you're already considering an M6, I say go for it. If you settle for a lesser light you'll still end up with an M6 sooner or later anyway.

furls

Newly Enlightened
I hear that.. Anyone have any reason to keep the L4, L5 or both? Which one would you get rid of? They are both brand new.. (only one set of batteries run though the L5, still on the first set on the L4)

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen the L5, but I have owned the L4. There is something very useful about walking into a room with a palm sized tool that will illimuninate the entire room.

Heck

Enlightened
If you're gonna get the SF M6, let the L5 go, since the M6 will cover you with the throw. Leave the L4 for the flood.

I went from L4 to L5 and now I'm back to L4 for good. I prefer the pocketability of the L4 and find any light bigger than the 6P is starting to bulge too much in my pocket or even on a belt, but that's me.

furls

Newly Enlightened
Bravo25, I hear you. The hard part is that the L5 is a great companion to my HK40 and both lights do have their better sides.. Maybe I'll just wait and shell out for the M6 when I get paid. I was hoping someone could give me a great reason to get rid of one.. Probably came to the wrong fourm for that...

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello Furls!

Someone is selling their SureFire 10X Dominator for $200 and something, with two (2) batteries plus spare lamp assemblies to boot! It's in the B/S/T Light section. Anyways, that SureFire M6 is truly an awesome light also!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

greenLED

Flashaholic
The Pila GL4 is bright, smaller than the SF M6, and can run on rechargeables.

I have one thanks to a very generous flashaholic, and I am in awe. :thanks: :bow:

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I have owned the following: surefire L4, 6P, 9P, M6

I currently EDC the surefire L4, it is small, easy to carry, & puts out exactly the kinda light i need. I agree with Bravo25, it is nice to be able to light up an entire room with one LITTLE light. (and the clicky switch is nice too)

The M6 is just awesome. It absolutely rocks outside at night.

I would sell the L5, and buy an M6 in a heartbeat.

furls

Newly Enlightened
Got it. Well, thats gonna do it. I think the little L5 will be on its way. Now to look at the Pila GL4 vs. the M6.. Batteries vs. rechargable.