Surefire U2 improvements?

sp5it

Enlightened
Hello.
I`m just curious, is there anything to improve in this light? Led swap for better one for example? How`s 18650 fitting? CR batteries are pretty expensive in my country 18650 is way to go for me. What should I pay attention when I will be buying one?
Thanks for advice,
Mike

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd look for one for sale from someone on this site... because i hear that the newer U2's aren't excepting the 18650's... that way they can tell you about tint and donut...

i had two for sale but are sold now

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
jar3ds said:
i'd look for one for sale from someone on this site... because i hear that the newer U2's aren't excepting the 18650's... that way they can tell you about tint and donut...

i had two for sale but are sold now

Over the last 30-days, I"ve been thru several U2's until I found the "keeper" that I wanted. On those with the plastics inserts, some of them easily came out by just putting a finger in there and twisting. Others were way too tight to remove/move without tools/heating/cooling.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was noticing your buying and selling of U2's :)

how 'good' is the one you came up with?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
jar3ds said:
i was noticing your buying and selling of U2's :)

how 'good' is the one you came up with?

Not 100%, but probably the best I'll get. Tint is very white thru all levels, extremely minimal donut, newer switch with 4-contact tabs not 3 and I was able to easily remove the plastic insert to run Pila 168A. It still has a ****load of lint on the reflector and the bezel O-Ring is not seated properly.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
that sounds pretty much like mine... i had them send me a 4 tab tail cap... and it was the old one so i didn't have the insert.... what are you looking for for the oring seating in the bezel...