I Think I Won The U2 Lottery!!

ront

Newly Enlightened
Well, I have recieved my U2 a couple of days ago from OpticsHQ. I think that I won the U2 lottery:wow:. The beam is white, very very little doughnut, the tail switch works well (it has the 4 prongs). So far so good. I did notice last night when all was very very quite a very slight high pitch buzz, but with any noise at all, you would never hear it. I am happy. What a great light.
I really want to thank all of you that answered my never ending questions and especially "greenLED" for pointing me to OpticsHQ!! Sure saved me some bucks!! I will include some pics.

Thanks, Ron

P3173775_edited-1.jpg

P3173773_edited-1.jpg
P3173776_edited-1.jpg

P3173778_edited-1.jpg

Bradlee

Enlightened
A buzzing...that's interesting. I remember there being a slight buzzing from the gladius, but I've never noticed that with my U2. I'll have to check that out tonight to see if mine does too.

carrot

Flashaholic
It's so pretty... I want one...

Buzzing is a normal function of the regulation circuits. You may find the buzzing changes depending on the light level you set it to.

If you turn the selector ring *very* slowly, does it flicker between levels? (Not that it matters, I'm just curious.)

greenLED

Flashaholic
Congratulations, Ront! Glad to have been of some assistance. Looks like you got the shiny clip too!

IIRC, the buzzing comes from the inductor, or some other electronic component inside the light - other lights have it to, and it seems to depend on the light and the owner's auditory capacity to pick it up or not. Mine did buzz in the lowest 2 levels, but I could only hear it when I put it right next to my ear.

cbxer55

Enlightened
I have not noticed a buzzing, but then I have extra-ordinarily BAD hearing. Even with a hearing aid I cannot hear any buzzing. Mine flickers a bit between levels 4 and 5, only if turning REALLY SLLLOOOWWWWLLLYYY!!! I have had mine for 2 months and am still on the original batteries, evn though I use it everyday. Just do not use the brightest setting very often. I have boxes and boxes of Surefire batteries though. My M2, E2 and 6P would normally use a set of batteries each month.

I LIKE THIS LIGHT!

Last edited:

Latest posts