Argh!! Darn light!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spent the past hour trying to open my V2 I got from Dae (pic at the bottom from Dae's site).
This was my 2nd attempt at opening it. My first attempt resulted in just some nicks around the head (had it wrapped, but apparently not enough cushion), but no open light.
On this attempt, I finally got the head to start unthreading, but then it just stopped:mad: . Now, the head's partially unthreaded where it just exposes the o-ring that seals the body to the head and I can't loosen or tighten it any further. I've stripped off more anodizing and even aluminum than I like already (I had the light completely wrapped with some rubber, then cloth, then foam so the pliers wouldn't scratch it up too bad). It still works, but because the head is further out, the beam is out of focus and is a big donut now. :xyxgun: :mad: Grrr!!!! Arrgghhh!!! I liked this light a lot, both the design/looks and performance. I was hoping to get the head open so I could take a look at the circuit and LED and possibly replace the star. Damn light!! Sorry, just had to vent after spending an hour destroying one of my favorite and (up till 10 minutes ago) daily carry lights.:mecry:

2.jpg

flashlightguy

Newly Enlightened
Did you try using a heat gun on it to loosen up the glue? my Nuwai came apart pretty hard even with a heat gun on the threads.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, no heat gun. I tried boiling and heat gun on my Nuwais and that didn't help. Brute force (vise and pliers) got all my other lights open...but not this one. Now it's just sitting on my nightstand no longer being used. Argh!

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I lift my arm."

"Well, don't do it then !!!"

springs to mind.........

jsr said:
Spent the past hour trying to open my V2 I got from Dae (pic at the bottom from Dae's site).
This was my 2nd attempt at opening it. My first attempt resulted in just some nicks around the head (had it wrapped, but apparently not enough cushion), but no open light.
On this attempt, I finally got the head to start unthreading, but then it just stopped:mad: . Now, the head's partially unthreaded where it just exposes the o-ring that seals the body to the head and I can't loosen or tighten it any further. I've stripped off more anodizing and even aluminum than I like already (I had the light completely wrapped with some rubber, then cloth, then foam so the pliers wouldn't scratch it up too bad). It still works, but because the head is further out, the beam is out of focus and is a big donut now.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
freeze - pop - method

if this light is not fixed by screwing, then the freeze-pop is the best way.
Since understanding the methond, I opened mostly everything with it.

boil it in water, then fill completely with it. Close tailcap. Put light into a bag, bag into freezer. After some hours, check light. Must already have been pried open a bit. Boil, or put into hot water till inside ice is gone, open, again completely fill with water, put in freezer, ....
2-5 times and anything is open,

without any marks! :)