51 LED/13 LED with 4AAA at LED Shoppe

P239

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one of these last week but haven't received it yet. I'm not even sure what it is I'll be getting as this is the first time I've ever had a flashlight like this one. It doesn't have a lumens rating but I guess 51 Super Bright LED's should put out a good bit of light? Whether it does, or whether it doesn't, at $18.00 shipped, it's worth a try!

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you'll really like it.

It will pump out a nice bright flood of light and you will be sure to get some "Wow!" comments and be told to point that thing somewhere else from people who have never seen a big multi-led flashlight before. It will be impressive.

An extra bonus is that your flashlight will be just as bright or even brighter with rechargeable AAA batteries.

Oh and one other thing you should know, your flashlight uses resistors below the switch to control the amount of power going to the leds. If you change those resistors with lower value ones you can make your 51 led flashlight a good notch brighter but you will get less run time per set of batteries.

Expect about 175 to 200 lumens of light to come from your new flashlight on fresh batteries.

If your into modding flashlights then you could pump up that unit beyond 400 lumens but it's costly. Private message me through the CPF mail system if you would like some details on that stuff. I have a regulated 45 led unit with way overdriven 50K leds that outputs 380 lumens, but like I said, it's costly. The only thing you don't replace is the shell.

Last edited:

P239

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. LumenHead. That may well be something I look into. The light arrived and I believe that it was well worth the $18.00 I paid. The light is constructed from aluminum, but does have a plastic lens. The switch is located mid-body and one click gets you 13 LED's while a second click results in 51 LED's. All in all, a pretty good light.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
P239 - how bright is the low compared to the high? Is there an obvious difference? Do you happen to have a multimeter that you could test the battery draw?

P239

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, got no way to measure the actual light, but my eye's. The difference between the two is noticeable, in the brightness and size of the center spot. It casts a sorta doughnut beam so that you have a bright center(doughnut hole), darker circle(doughnut), and then some good peripheral light. Again, switching between the 13 LED's and the 51 LED's does show a difference.