Ultimate Hybrid; which lights would U cross?

John Frederick

Enlightened
This has probably been done before but here goes...

If you could combine different lights currently in production to create your own ultimate torch which ones would you choose? What would it's attributes be? BTW, these crosses don't have to be completely realistic.

For me the ultimate hybrid would be an Arc AAA-P combined with the functions of the Photon Freedom. I haven't figured the switch out yet but that's not my problem, ha ha.

What are your ideas?

lotsalumens

Enlightened
I would cross an HDS EDC with a McLux PD. The hybrid would have the incredibly solid & hefty body of the PD, the features of the HDS, and would have the HDS style switch (or maybe an Aleph switch), but recessed they way the PD switch is. The light would have some sort of tritium option like the PD. I find this a very useful feature I wish more lights had. That would be the ultimate light for me.

cfb

Everett

Newly Enlightened
SL 4AA Lux with a fenix L1P. the great SL beam on a smaller, aluminum, 1AA package.

maybe the SL 4AA Lux with the Princeton Tec Blast. the SL's head (and thus beam) on a 2AA body side by side.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
How about my EDC and the approaching-4kW power-input tank searchlight in my garage? :thinking:

Larry

*Retired*
Larry,

I do believe your CR2 light might run for years with the power source one would need for your 4KW searchlight, which needs a vehicle to haul around the mountain side...

Not so EDC anymore...

atm

Enlightened
An LED/incan hybrid (A2 style) that married a Gladius with a Falcata (regulated) or similar.

Glad these crosses don't have to be completely realistic. :)

Andrew

*Retired*
tvodrd said:
It ain't that bad, Jar, the searchlight is under 200#. :green: :D

Larry

No sweat, take a trip up here and I'll take you on some great hikes. I'll hump the searchlight, and you can hump the power source. Er, that just doesn't sound right to a non-Marine. Humping is carrying a heavy load for a good distance at a fast clip... We can stop to rest until nightfall, and head back down via your hybrid...

tron3

Banned
tvodrd said:
How about my EDC and the approaching-4kW power-input tank searchlight in my garage? :thinking:

Larry

When do you actually use that thing? I think you could just shoot it straight up in the air on July 4th. Sure impresses me more than fireworks. I wonder how many miles that thing could be seen?

:wow:

Pixel

Newly Enlightened
SF L2 besel at one end, and SF A2 besel at the other.
Thus you will have two stage flood beam + incan trower + colored 5mm led beams - four modes. A strobe mode for the "wall of light" will also be interesting to have.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I'll try a bit of an attempt to make my hybrid technically realistic:

Perhaps a 35watt or above HID, designed in a compact package like the Helios. It will but coupled with a 10W LED together in a reflector design much like the 10x dominator. It will be computer programmable for all sorts of functions too!

Power will be from custom D-cell sized lithium ions and length should only be a few inches longer than the M6.

Philip

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Ultimate hybrid? How bout a demonstration. Unsatisfied with the lackluster 65 lumens produced by the L6 Porcupine's LED head, I hybridized it with my SF M6 to use its Millennium incan head: 3 R123 rechargeables got 25 minutes of 225+ lumens (versus the original LED 65) with the MN60 SF M4 LOLA, with throw potential far beyond the reach of ANY LED. Exotic hybrid: L6 Porcupine body + M6 head + M4 lamps + LiIon rechargeables. I felt strongly enough that the Klingon marital aid or instrument of death appearance of the Porcupine was not done justice by a lackluster 65 lumens so some juicing up was in order. Cheers to parts interoperability!

dsc00987red0ep.jpg

David_Web

Newly Enlightened
E1L with A2
You know, something like kroma but one cell, smaller multbrightness multicolor, thowing beauty.

*Edit* Love the body of that light!

paulr

Flashaholic
Cross Arc AA with Petzl Zipka+. Result is a compact 1AA 4-led plastic headlamp with that retractable cord thingie.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
Fenix L0P with the power of the peak rainier, spill beam of the cr2 ion, surefire finish and clicky, and runtime of the uk eled 4aa lux. With a lanyard or keychain attatchment.

Latest posts