Shake-Light City

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Was in the local WalMart today and found they now carry shake-lights. There were two different brands, both seem to be the real deal with capacitors. One was about the size of a 2D light. The other brand (Faraday something) was actually a two-pack, one about like a 2C, the other like a 2AA. Prices were reasonable, $12.xx for the big one, $16.xx for the two-pack, or possibly the other way around. I decided to pass for now. Neither kind appeared as robust as the Target ones (Nightstar?), though they were advertised as waterproof (except for the small one).

Geoff

DaveG

Enlightened
I spotted them at wal-mart too, I also located one in the boating dept that has sold out when I was last in, the large single one for $12,looked some what well built for what it was,your right though the one at target looks to have these beat construction wise.

mykall

Enlightened
I'm finding that Target has Wally beat on a lot of things. And I'll just bet their employees actaully get lunch breaks ;)

I have a funny feeling that in the LONG run Target's strategy will eventually win this war.

MB