• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: modified McGizmo MOD luxIII head for E1e

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
I hope somebody is willing to part with this item. I am looking for the McGizmo MOD LuxIII head module for the Surfire E1e. If someone knows where i can buy this at a retail or online store, please let me know.

Thanks in advance. :rock:

cy

Flashaholic
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but those were never sold as a module, but were custom built up.

here's a pic of one using a red luxeon.

mcgizmo e1e red.JPG

mcgizmo e1e red 2.JPG

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
Hi CHC, No I am not looking for an Aleph bezel, I would prefer the original bezel with the LuxIII module.

Thanks anyway.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cy is right. They were never really sold as a module. The pic above is showing a conversion done by drilling out the center post of the EXe head and then making a module using an eSink and eCan. That method utilized the stock reflector and is kind of dated. It was nice in its time because it could be done, but the beam left something to be desired.

The way to do it now is to have the head bored for an IMS 17mm reflector (which gives a far better beam that the stock reflector) and then chasing the threads to accommodate an Aleph LE.

I just did one of these mods for a fellow CPFer. In fact, I've done tons of them. I think that bernie did a review of one of these that I did for him a while back, although I don't know if the review survived the software upgrade.

If you're interested, I can do such a mod on your EXe head. You have to provide the head because I don't stock them any longer.

mateen

Enlightened
LiteSabre, if you are still looking for an ExE bezel with a LuxIII installed, definitely take up Chop on his offer. I was the one he just built one for and it arrived back today. VERY NICE WORK! Super clean, like it came that way stock, and very smooth threads. What's nice is that it is Aleph light engine compatible, so I can swap LEDs and drivers myself without needing to get the head redone each time. Also Chop is a pleasure to deal with.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

:thanks: Chop.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiteSabre said:
I hope somebody is willing to part with this item. I am looking for the McGizmo MOD LuxIII head module for the Surfire E1e. If someone knows where i can buy this at a retail or online store, please let me know.

Thanks in advance. :rock:

I have a McGizmo original mod I might be interested in selling.
It's got an E1e body, stock E1e incan head AND another E1e head running a sweet cyan emitter w/ecan.
I beleive it's set for 1 CR123 or R123. It's a georgous colored beam and has a wonderfuly smooth beam pattern as well.

I'm just going off memory on this but I can post more info & possibly some photos later tonight if you're interested...

CLHC

Flashaholic
Chop said:
The way to do it now is to have the head bored for an IMS 17mm reflector (which gives a far better beam that the stock reflector) and then chasing the threads to accommodate an Aleph LE.
Just curious. Can a McR-xx reflector be had with this mod? :thinking: