SL Stinger XT-HP not that bright

AshA4

Banned
So I ordered an HP head and bulb upgrade kit for my SL Stinger XT and I'm not that impressed. I have a polystinger that out shines the XT-HP easily. Any other XT-HP owners out there kinda disappointed with the output? I have three battery sticks and tried them all fully charged between the two lights. I don't know maybe I'm just spoiled with the ROP and Mag85 outputs but I was expecting a bit more performance out of the HP kit.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I suspect that we are all jaded by ROP and 1274 and 1185 etc.

I had a Stinger HP and never really "took" to it. I was much happier after trading for a regular Stinger. It still has quite decent output for it's size...

But a ROP LE KILLS it in output at a not terrible size.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
AshA4 said:
Any other XT-HP owners out there kinda disappointed with the output?

I recently converted a Stinger to a HP. The HP really does suck. The regular Stinger just puts out a lot more light. At anything under maybe 80 yards, the Stinger is superior. The HP will barely light up a target at a distance where the Stinger can't do it, but thats about it. From close-up to 80 yards (guessing), the Stinger's beam is brighter and fatter, with a big hot spot and lots of spill. Very useable. The HP has a teeny little hotspot, and weak, nasty, Mag-like ringy spill. Very un-useable.

Bottom line is the Stinger HP stinks, and I would strongly recommend against buying one.

JMO. :nana:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
AshA4 said:
The two I have are gunmetal blueish and have 78915 HP stamped on the bottom.
That's the correct bulb for 3.6 volt.
HP upgrading head/bulb is not for more or brighter light. It just focuses narrow beam for more throw.