Acebeam        

Thread: Multi-function Push-button Switch for Mini-Mag

Default Multi-function Push-button Switch for Mini-Mag

Found this the other night,
    Nite-Ize mini mag push button multi function switch
    i havent seen it discussed on the forum yet. Looks pretty Clever.
    I havent seen anything like this for the mini-mag, any thoughts?

-bobby
    MLR<3

Flashaholic

Default Re: Multi-function Push-button Switch for Mini-Mag

Free Bump

I started one a while ago, not much intrest then, only 2 posts.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106708

Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by USPS international services)

I'm going to get one of these... and a red led drop in. Nite Ize confirmed by email that it will work together. Should make a pretty sweet night vision saving light.
    ... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Oracle - Guess you beat me to it, over a month ago.

I know there isnt alot of love for mini mags, but if you mod them right they are very solid lights, and this is the first "smart mag" upgrade ive seen.

MayCooper - That would be a fantastic combo, im happy to see a red led drop in, because using the red mag lense with a white nite ize leaves alot to be desired, not very bright at all.

I think their being released March 28th, on or around anyway. and if the switch is under 10 dollars, ill be interested. just hope the quality is better then the older switch, not very water resistant and cheap feeling quality.

-bobby
    MLR<3

Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by USPS international services)

Quote Originally Posted by nakahoshi
    MayCooper - That would be a fantastic combo, im happy to see a red led drop in, because using the red mag lense with a white nite ize leaves alot to be desired, not very bright at all.

No, that would make it a pretty good combo... Now think of that combo with one of these as a host... THAT is what I call a fantastic combo
    ... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

When the newer ones debut, I hope that the "switching" is better since the current ones are NO good. That is to me and with the ones I once purchased and am not using. Feels too "cheap" and rattley. I prefer "solid" feeling. Then again, Your Methods May Vary accordingly. That's all!
    LUX'Ottica

CHC, the current one is the old "RAM" switch (which some people refer to as POS switch ). The new offering by Nite-Ize is completely different from this; it incorporates "IQ" technology and can do a lot of things. I played with one at SHOT and must say I'm hoping it'll work just fine with sammies, the ArcLS and all other Lux drop-ins we can come up with. Anyway, back to your tactile feeling reference. The IQ switch has a clear silicone button and provides a soft "click" as feedback - definitely not a mechanical switch.

Is this now finally for sale at any sites yet? Somebody tell Nite-Ize it's March now.

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED
    CHC, the current one is the old "RAM" switch. The new offering by Nite-Ize is completely different from this; it incorporates "IQ" technology and can do a lot of things. I played with one at SHOT and must say I'm hoping it'll work just fine with sammies, the ArcLS and all other Lux drop-ins we can come up with. Anyway, back to your tactile feeling reference. The IQ switch has a clear silicone button and provides a soft "click" as feedback - definitely not a mechanical switch.
    Thanks for that response greenLED! Will keep an eye out for it.
    LUX'Ottica

Flashaholic

It's for sale at this UK site

http://www.brighterlight.co.uk/

Edit
    Sorry didn't read the whole page missed the words
    "Sorry, this item is currently out of stock."

have ordered them on usa but they could not deliver it

then i go to teh iwa in germany and found it by david bloch and tell him the story and he kindly give one for go back to swiss (many thanks!!)

test it out here with an drop in led kit and im sold. the quality is mutch better that the ram units, quality made, nice laserengraved, red led is nice, push feeling is nice too, the clear see tru rubber feels good and last (its and show pcs and has been pushed many times...) the 5 levels are working and the light is save put off for carry by turning the head down and back on by turn the opposite. only what i cant do is screw it all the way back in so the o ring seal is complete covered. the minimag is brand new from usa, bronce color, target, february 06 so either its that way sealing?

will order more as theyr avaliable.

roger
    www.swissbianco.com
    www.fehlschaerfe.de

Sounding more and more like a real winner invention. Someone who sees them for sale in the USA, please post an update. Should be soon.

I have to get one of those, its the best thing i've seen

Flashaholic

Tradingpostsupply.com is taking orders for these IQ switches. But they won't ship until the 28th of March. Hmmm, only a week away.

They were asking $6.33 ea, but they have a $15.00 minimum order on all their merchandise, so ahem, naturally I ordered 3.

Also there is a long thread on this subject in the LED forum. I believe it is titled: "Where to purchase Nite Ize IQ switch" IIRC.

There is much discussion and conjecture as to whether or not it will work with Luxeon LEDs. Also, it appears Nite IZE has dropped the 14.5 minute auto off feature.