just ordered an orb raw

CLHC

Flashaholic
WHOA! :huh:

Those are NICE! That's on my to be had list. Just curious, did you go with the Sterling Silver or Titanium?

Way to go on your purchase DarkHanger18! :wave:

Taylorf

Enlightened
One trick is to take the bottom part of the included case and put it over the top of the light. This difuses the light and kind of makes it into a lantern.

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine in the mail yesterday, and it rocks. I got a silver one, strandard one. Got the two stage switch and a green vial. I would have to say that this light blows other 1 cell lights away. Run-time on it is not that great though, but on low the light is enought to accomplish most up-close tasks. When tomorrow comes, I should have my AmiLite waiting on my doorstep.

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
I have a raw, 1 watt raw and a raw ns. I got mine in 7 to 10 days. They come registered and someone has to be home to sign for them.

Alan

Praxis

Enlightened
Great lights! As for U.S. order time, I bought one around the first of December 2005 and I received it around the 3rd week of January 2006. I think Rob must have had a lot of orders to fill at the time, because most people seem to get them within 2-3 weeks.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Ive had mine for only a short time ,but I love it It is easy to take everywhere. I even find the short runtime fine. I usually get 4 to 7 days before I switch/recharge the batteries. I have the 2 stage hi/low so that really increases usability and runtime.I love this little light,it has a very impressive throw.

magic79

Enlightened
You'll get two tiny magnets and no instructions whatsoever. DON'T lose them! They are spacers to make the RCR2s fit the charger!!

Other than no instructions, it's a great little light!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been admiring the RAW since its inception. I recall those first Ubinned models albiet with no 2 stage switch. I have heard here that the Ns Raw is noticably less bright than the RAW. I like the keyring hole on the Ns. now that I see tha RAW can be carried on a keyring. I am at a loss. I'd like to get the NS because "smaller is better" but if the RAW is that much brighter and on my keychain and can eat CR123s off the shelf....... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
What Magic79 said. But in the unlikely event those rare earth magnets are lost, they can be had over at Radio Shack. That's all.

Those Titanium Orb Raws are something!

revv11

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an Orb Raw NS a few weeks. Mr Cheetham said to expect a 2-3 week wait before the order is shipped, so it should be any day now. Small and silvery...it looks like it will be a nice little light.