Guns and flashlights...

BusaRider

Newly Enlightened
Minus the three boxes of ammo, this is my every day carry load when not at work. I'll soon be switching over to Federal HSTs as my carry ammo and will also be adding a tactical light to the accessory rail when it is here at the house.

The Gunsite (Cold Steel) was my B-Day present from the wife.

The Inova T4 is used at work and anytime I even THINK I'll be out after dark its on my side in an Uncle Mike's Asp Baton rigid holster (which works great).

Loadout1.jpg

Gunsite.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
I've got no problem with it on my end but here's an excerpt from CPF's Rules on Picture Posting.

"If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels."

That's all. Other than that, your pictures are great! :wave:

BusaRider

Newly Enlightened
CHC said:
I've got no problem with it on my end but here's an excerpt from CPF's Rules on Picture Posting.

"If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels."

That's all. Other than that, your pictures are great! :wave:

Ahh, I didn't see that. Grr... I'll try to get them resized this evening or remove them all together.

magic79

Enlightened
If that's a paddle holster (looks like a Fobus or Uncle Mikes) I would SERIOUSLY recommend you reconsider.

I train every week. In those sessions, I have seen every person who uses a paddle (me too!) eventually draw and find the gun AND holster. Sooner or later, it will happen. Not one of us carries a paddle any longer.

Our instructor's brother had it happen in an actual armed incident. Fortunately, no shots were fired.

Don't invest $hundreds in a good gun, search out the best ammo, and then trust your life to a $14 holster.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! That's a great idea! Disarming the bad guy by having them double over laughing. :) No shots fired, everyone ends up happy (except maybe a few extremists, and a few gun nuts.)

Oh yeah, a paddle holster with belt loop snaps will help minimize those embarassing moments.

magic79 said:
Our instructor's brother had it happen in an actual armed incident. Fortunately, no shots were fired.

magic79

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Hey! That's a great idea! Disarming the bad guy by having them double over laughing. :) No shots fired, everyone ends up happy (except maybe a few extremists, and a few gun nuts.)

Oh yeah, a paddle holster with belt loop snaps will help minimize those embarassing moments.

I wasn't aware of any! Tell me who has these, as that might be the best solution of all. Thanks.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice equipment!

As to big pics, those of us chained to dial-up truly appreciate smaller pics, too.

Cheers. :buddies:

BusaRider

Newly Enlightened
magic79 said:
If that's a paddle holster (looks like a Fobus or Uncle Mikes) I would SERIOUSLY recommend you reconsider.

I help minimize by over cinching my belt (and always rechecking it all day) but the plan is already in works to get ahold of a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 IWB. Just have to get the cash and order it. Figure on about 2 or 3 months wait for that to come in. I wanted a Black Hawk CQC but they don't make one for my pistol.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take one from group A, several from group B, and all of group C, depending upon what I am wearing, where I am going etc.

CCWpistols.jpg

Flashlights.jpg

SAKandBoltAction1.jpg

LaserFreak

Enlightened
The Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster is pretty awesome. I bought one for my Airsoft Glock 19 and it works great! I got mine off ebay for something like $45...

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow you carry a lot of hardware off duty!

I used to carry an H&K VP70Z with an inside-the-pants holster when I was a lot thinner in the 80's. Not a great choice as it was fairly bulky. As years went by I found I wanted to distance myself more from my job when off duty, and all I would carry was an ID card tucked away in my wallet. To quote something I heard once, "I had my full measure".

Now I holster my Fenix L1P outside my belt like a proud flashlight geek.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You carried a VP70Z? What'd you think of it? I've never shot one, but it's interested me ever since I saw a magazine review back in the '80s. Seemed like a wonder of a gun at the time.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT said:
You carried a VP70Z? What'd you think of it? I've never shot one, but it's interested me ever since I saw a magazine review back in the '80s. Seemed like a wonder of a gun at the time.
It was my first semi-auto. When I first fired it I wondered why I had two parallel cuts on my thumb. I soon learned you couldn't cross your thumbs like on a revolver. I called this a jeep gun as it was big and hefty and looked something like a phaser for it's day. The firing mechanism was something akin to today's glock, although it had a much rougher trigger pull (felt like sand in the works). I eventually cut down a few twists in the cocking spring to give it an easier pull, and it still fired reliably. I carried it as a duty weapon when I worked for C.A.M.P. in some funky nylon holster that had a velcro thumb break, as nobody seemed to make a good holster for it.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shot a VP70... it had the absolute WORST trigger pull of any decent quality semi auto I've ever shot. I think it was close to 20 lbs.

I'm mostly a 1911 guy, but my most recent EDC is a CZ PCR (similar to the more recent P-01) and a Kahr P9 Covert before that. I've been thinking about getting a TP9 which is a bit larger than the P8 Covert.

If you want a decent holster that's cheaper than the Milt Sparks, High Noon makes some nice holsters. Their Hidden Impact and Hidden Ally have served me well and I've had them for numerous guns. They are tuckables as well which allows a few more interesting options.

I've also had 2 Sparks... The VM2 is OK, but feels pretty bulky but a lot of folks swear by them. I like the Summer Special 2, but I've only had it for the 1911 which is pretty bulky to begin with.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a Kel-tec PT380 in .380 ACP and I really like it. I have had it about a year now and it is a real little shooter. It is a very small pistol but easily controllable even with its small size. I tested it against the Berreta Tomcat and the NAA Guardian .380 and picked it because of its size and weight difference. You can also get the PT32 in .32 ACP but the .380 is a better cartridge.

Some of the first models had feed problem but were easily fixed with a bit of polishing on the feed ramp and barrel throat. But from what I have exprienced and heard from others since I bought mine, they took care of that quite successfully. I have had no feed issues it shoots everything I put in it. Normally I carry it with glasser safety slugs though, and they feed like hardball in anything.

The sights are what are called Gutter Snipe which means basically two lines in the top of the slide, filled with orange paint you simply line up. A perfect close range (which is what the .380 is good for) quick sighting system.

It is a dream to carry, the pocket clip makes it even handier. It even slips in a vest pocket better than a derringer (much thinner) I highly recommend giving one a try is you need something small yet more powerful than a .22 or .32.