What MPG does your car achieve in normal daily use ?

What MPG does your car(s) achieve in normal daily use ?

• Total voters

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeep Cherokee 4 litre Automatic . . . 21mpg
Honda Jazz Automatic . . . . . . . . . . 43mpg

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Of course, there are a thousand variables in the phrase "normal daily use". When I start commuting again I expect to get around 52 mpg. Currently, I'm doing nothing but short trips, so the last tank was only 44. 2002 Prius.

I could add my truck in here too.
1992 Ford F150 V8. 1 GPM. That's gallons per month. I only drive it 10 or 12 miles a month, at 12 mpg.

Daniel

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 14 year old Toyota Corolla Wagon gets 21-22 in the city with a heavy foot and 32 ish on the highway cruising around 60-65.

Just for refernce the car has 175000 miles on it so far...

When I drove a familyowned Ford sedan years ago it used to get about 16-17 around town. But back then gas was cheap(1 dollar a galon).

Last edited:

Delvance

Enlightened
I live in Oz so no idea how the mpg works =/. My corolla running the 4A-FE gets ~340km per tank...the tank is 45litres i think...That's actually horrible, but i've got a heavy right foot and the engine is modified...

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Delvance said:
I live in Oz so no idea how the mpg works =/. My corolla running the 4A-FE gets ~340km per tank...the tank is 45litres i think...That's actually horrible, but i've got a heavy right foot and the engine is modified...

340km=212 miles (*5/8)
45 litres=10 gallons (/4.54)

MPG=21mpg

Last edited:

Delvance

Enlightened
Oohh cheers mate.

Actually, it's probably more like 300km's for the tank. Figure (the mpg) might look ok, but don't forget this is a fourbanger 1.6L engine =/

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
My crown victoria gets about 14mpg in the city, and I hotrod the crap out of when I drive.

Didn't know what it was so Googled it.

Police interceptor ?

Spotted something else, which I've PM'd you about..

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Recently got an '06 Civic automatic that gets about 33 mpg in the daily commute. Figure that's a 50/50 city to highway ratio. Haven't done a pure highway run yet. I'm still driving it like a granny.

Geoff

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
IMG_0412.jpg

Average Lifetime MPG since 02/24/04 8.2 MPG

:ohgeez:

Last edited:

KingSmono

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Average Lifetime MPG since 02/04/05 8.2 MPG

:ohgeez:[/CENTER]

Dang PSM, you have the coolest toys! You ever take that bad boy out in the Ocala National Forest?

I drive a 99 Honda Prelude 5-speed, and average ~26 mpg, purely city driving. (sitting in stop and go traffic on the 408 in downtown Orlando every morning.)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My MINI Cooper gets 32-34 mpg with daily driving. Actually my wife and I both drive it to work every day since she works days and I work nights. My previous car was a Dodge Neon and I got 34-36 mpg on my commute back when it was new and still stock.

-Keith

Brlux

Enlightened
I drive a 2000 chevy prizm and get mid to upper 30 regularly and my record for one tank on a road trip was 47 MPG. I was trying to set a record and was driving very coservativly between 55-65MPh the whole way. I was the guy everyone else on the road hates that day. My Air conditionaer broke several years ago and every time I consider fixing it I realize I could use that money for a new computer, flashlights, solar panels, ham radio gear you get the picture. So I still have no air conditioning which in Phoenix, People mock me but I am happy with the decision besides I get bater gas milege. By the way my wife will not ride in my car in the summer. She drive a 96 Suzuki Estieme which has air, 130K miles, and also gets gas milege in the mid 30's

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
44 mpg of fuel in my 2003 VW Golf TDI (diesel).

If we are talking how far I can go on a gallon of petroleum fuel, I don't use any in the summer but I have to blend in some with my biodiesel to keep it from gelling when it is cold. I once figured that I travel about the same miles now but I have cut my use of petroleum based fuels by 75% by switching to a diesel powered by biodiesel. So...

My mileage on a gallon of petroleum is 44 mpg/25% petroleum content on an annual basis:

176 miles per gallon of petroleum.

If all of our cars ran on locally produced fuels (like biodiesel or E85), we could be off of imported oil right now. If we put our attention on switching our vehicles over to locally produced fuels, we could have the production ramped up and the cars switched over within 10 years.

Just imagine. No more imported oil in just 10 years.

No new technology (like cheap fuel cells or hydrogen infrastructure). Just ramping up fairly well understood production methods for locally produced fuel and existing engine technologies!

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
97 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4liter auto, 109k miles, 14-21 mpg (total life average of 16.6mpg). Of course I use public transit during the week so I actually only fill the Jeep up once or twice a month (mostly when I go down to do volunteer work at the animal refuge).

So far the best gas mileage car I've owned was a 99 Daewoo Nubira CDX with a stick. That car regularly got 26 city and 35 highway! I probably would have kept that car forever except after the bankruptcy/GM buyout fiasco it was getting impossible to find parts
:thumbsdow

greenLED

Flashaholic
Mazda 626 - 24-26 MPG (mostly city miles), depending on where I'm at with oil changes, tune-ups, etc. The rig's got +200K miles on it too :D

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
'94 MR2 Turbo, 20-25 mpg depending on my right foot, half twisty country roads and half city driving, requires premium gas

'88 S10 4x4 6.2l diesel, 20-25 mpg, half twisty country roads and half city driving, commercial biodiesel most of the time, my nasty weather daily driver and light hauling/towing

'97 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD 4x4 DRW, 15-18 mpg, mostly towing, commercial biodiesel most of the time

'95 Intrepid, 3.5l, g/f's car, 35-40 mpg, 95% highway driving, cheapest regular gas she can find

These are just educated guesses, I don't keep a log for anything but repairs and maintenence.

Cheers. :buddies:

Latest posts