**Help** Off-brand makers with E series size tail-cap threads**

shotgun

Newly Enlightened
Greetings. I need to buy a light to fit a tail-cap, believe it or not.:) I am looking for an inexpensive flashlight maker (LED) that's tail-cap is threaded identical to the SF E series -- but very inexpensive -- say $25-49.

Barrel diameter also needs to be the same. I'm looking for a 2x123 Lux 3 of good quality, tight spot, with throw over fill. Something like the Big QIII.

(If the Big QIII works, let me know as I don't own one. If it fits the criteria, I will buy one. Is its tail-cap treaded like the SF E series?)

I really need the help...

Thanks.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Totally Misconstrued Shotgun's Thread? :huh2:

Sorry! Didn't start my day with kaffee. :awman:

I stand corrected as indicated by Bernie's response below. . . :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
shotgun, welcome :)

You are looking for the light without the tailcap, right? And not for the tailcap?

There are a lot of options that are SF E-Series compatible, both bodies and heads ... BUT ... they are all no exactly cheap.

Here's a thread listing the E-Series compatible parts:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/64308

bernie

shotgun

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies so far.

Yes, I'm looking for any fairly good quality 3 Lux flashlight unit that happens to be tail-cap compatible (will fit and function) with the SF E series. I'm not looking for the tail-cap.

I have the tail-cap (remote switch) that functions on E series, as well as E series flashlights. SF's are too expensive for this particular application. It needs to be 25-49 bucks to fit budget and I might have to get several. Help?:)

shotgun

Newly Enlightened
Kiessling:

Thanks for that informative link. Must have taken some time to put together. However, you're right, VERY expensive stuff here.

I am likely looking for an inexpensive knock-off from oversees I can buy on (Amondo) as soon as I can find out if it's tail-cap threaded like the SF E's. They must be aluminum and annodized at least of reasonable quality -- that's why I thought of the Big QIII.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Sorry, I cannot help you any further here :shrug:
IIRC the Nuwai QIII has different threads though.

Might be cheaper to go for knock-off lights that already include a tape-switch from the beginning? But I am really no expert here ...

bernie

shotgun

Newly Enlightened
It was the Nuwai TM 301X3 I was thinking of anyway. Unfortunatly it's 2x stage, which probably won't do. It will have extreemly limited use, therefore, not worth the expendature.

It isn't a tape switch but rather triggered for photography (my screen name is misleading).

E series knock-offs anyone?

Last edited:

FirstDsent

Enlightened
I believe the "Golston 7Watt" light is E-series compatible. If my Nextorch clickie would get here (going on three weeks now) I could tell you for sure. If so, you can't do any better than the 7W. Output and throw can't be beat for less than $35 shipped. Check the huge Golston thread in this forum. Much interest in this mysterious light. I'm doing the opposite. I have a Golston, and I want a momentary/on/off tailcap for it.

I am making 2 informed assumptions:
1. The golston is E-series compatible
2. The Nextorch clickie is E-series compatible.

Please Mr postman, I want my clickie!
Bernie

shotgun

Newly Enlightened
I didn't know there was a 7 watt available yet. When you get it, let me know. I would be very interested. I'm currently using an E2 which is too $$$ for this job.

Last edited:

FirstDsent

Enlightened
shotgun said:
I didn't know there was a 7 watt available yet. When you get it, let me know. I would be very interested. I'm currently using an E2 which is too $$$ for this job.
"7Watt" or "Golston" is just the (deceptive) name of this light. It is not actually 7 Watts, but does kick ***. See this colossal thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/103057

Most respondants are very impressed with this light. One of the two vendors for this light is temporarily down. Quality China Goods website is currently shipping it for free: http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/golstonreg-2xlir123a-waterproof-rechargeable-recommended-p-409.html

The proprietor's name is Dae. He has a thread on the Dealer's corner: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/109813

I highly recommend this light. I consider it the very best value in an LED flashlight because it's brightness/whiteness/throw is unparalleled at this price. You would have to spend many times this much to get something that performes this well. I have posted extensively about this light. Search my postings if you wish.

Bernie