Free stuff from Surefire

photorob

Enlightened
I just received an email from surefire saying that with my next purchase I would receive a free pair of earplugs. Now I don't own and don't want a gun. They make me wait 15 gruesome days and then don't introduce any new lights. So I waited all that time for some free ear plugs. Wouldn't just giving me some free batteries be more of an incentive. It just seems like such a random gift. They are kinda cool earplugs. What am i saying I hate you.

Just joking. There going to get all my money anyways.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire website announcment

Neat-o. Does this apply to anyone's future purchases? Is this a random promotional gift for a limited amount of time?

carrot

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire website announcment

News flash: Surefire announces new product line -- EarFire -- now offering tactical ear plugs for all your hearing protection needs.

magic79

Enlightened
When I tried it, it said "This SureFire web page is no longer in use — You will be automatically redirected to a new web page within a few seconds." :thumbsdow

I guess March 31st came early this year.

Cypher

Enlightened
I just got some with my order about an hour ago. I'm pretty excited to try them when I'm out shooting and maybe in the preclinic lab at school. I'm in dental school and 125 high speed handpieces in the same room can be bothersome.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
This gives me an idea.

Me: Darling, I bought another new SureFire, but I did it for you dear. You know how you're always complaining about my snoring. Well, this light came with a free pair of earplugs. Here they are dear, just for you. Did I mention that they were free?

Wifie: What a thoughtful, considerate husband you are. My hero!

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he!

nethiker

Enlightened
I just received Surefire's email and ordered a box of 12 batteries. The earplugs are on their way too for a total of $25.99 delivered. I feel a bit cheap, but I did need new batteries and I have been a good customer of Surefire products...so I guess I don't feel too bad.

Thanks Surefire for the promotion. I would have bought the MN20 lamp assembly for the M6 as well if it was available.

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
According to earpro.com they're rated at 9dB.
If you use something w/ a NRR of 9dB for shooting... you're asking for hearing
problems.
I assume they're for non-shooting applications. Maybe like factory/construction site use or something to like it?

RadarGreg

Enlightened
SureFire doesn't ship to APO addresses, so I'm out of luck. I guess I'll have to stick with my Army issue green/yellow combat earplugs.:(

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
owenbright said:
According to earpro.com they're rated at 9dB.
If you use something w/ a NRR of 9dB for shooting... you're asking for hearing
problems.
I assume they're for non-shooting applications. Maybe like factory/construction site use or something to like it?

I saw the same thing and was alarmed about it. But if you keep reading, you'll see the chart below where the attenuation is 26 db at 80db, 39db at 120 db. In other words, once you hit 80db, the louder the sound, the more the attenuation. Assuming the filter reacts quickly enough to loud sounds, they'd be great for shooting, especially outdoors where it's nice to be able to hear a conversation but still be protected from gunshot sounds.

Joe

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they work reliably, they seem like a great product. I'll be interested to hear CPFers' reviews of them once they get them. :popcorn:

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
Joe Talmadge said:
I saw the same thing and was alarmed about it. But if you keep reading, you'll see the chart below where the attenuation is 26 db at 80db, 39db at 120 db. In other words, once you hit 80db, the louder the sound, the more the attenuation. Assuming the filter reacts quickly enough to loud sounds, they'd be great for shooting, especially outdoors where it's nice to be able to hear a conversation but still be protected from gunshot sounds.

Joe
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll have to go back and look at it again :)