Super Flashlight III?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you asked the people partying in the thread link below then you'll get the most amazing answers. They all bought one...or more. They all redesigned the SFIII. Or didn't buy one and wished they had. Or want to buy something related to the SFIII. Come and see. They are all nuts on the thread. That is a warning. Pull up an easy chair and expect to use an hour of your time...it is a very long thread.

The Super Flashlight III Party.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
:grin2:
The SFIII is just incredible, its definatley an unsellable light.....
When you hold it, you know.... you just know... its special....

a7f00c49.jpg

XeVision008.jpg

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
You see that varmint posting above me? He is one of those Super Flashlight party people. He got the SFIII bug early and is addicted to the light like the other posters in the thread. They think it's a nonstop SFIII party over there. Anything you want to know about the SFIII can be found or sought out in that thread. It is more then you want to know. Trust me; there are people in that thread that know everything about the light. ;)

kisssfiiimax4mn.jpg

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, MaxLite is big. It is built like a miniature Super Flashlight. The armor plating is standard on both lights.

It is wonderfully big enough to stay in my hand. To be able to trade parts with Surefire and Aleph lights it needed to be big. The big head has a lot of metal for cooling. In the future, if someone wanted to overdrive a, say, Lux V or K2 emitter then the heat sink in the head could easily do it. :naughty:

MaxLite was a little project we toyed with for a year. It is sold out. The Japanese bought most of the lights. There will be a few hard anodized versions floating around CPF soon.

maxsfiiiotherkeylux0vt.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
I have one of the earilier ones, that count? :D
Love mine, I like the design alot, more than the current one actually.

super_flashilightIII_11.sized.jpg

~John

jefft

Enlightened
Leef, AFAIK, the only place to get a SFIII is from Lighthound at the moment. ( would suspect there are only 1 or at the max, 2 left right now) I just received mine last week and couldn't be happier. This is the most I have ever spent on a light but I definitely feel it is worth the cost. Not going to be something you see on B/S/T very often at all. I suspect most purchasers will keep this light forever. Are there smaller 2 cell lights? Yes. Brighter? Yes. Cheaper? Of course. Better made? Never. I also think it hits the sweet spot between brightness and usability. Having a McLux PD and the SFIII pretty much takes care of all of my torch needs at this time.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 02/25 and it's still the 'reach for' flashlight at night. If somebody is out there, they'll be pretty well blinded when they get illuminated with the SFIII.

I like the beam for caving also as it has plenty of bright side spill yet punches open the dark with the bright center spot. Lots of run time and plenty bright, it has proven to be a great ballance of all things flashlight. And did I mention, built like a tank... :cool:

InFlux

Enlightened
#24/25 original SuperFlashlight 3 here! (does anybody have an extra reflector ?)

What everyone else said- It took me a long time to aquire this light, and it's worth it! :twothumbs:

Leef

Enlightened
Very interesting to learn more abt. the SF-III. I bought one from Lighthound, # 079/110. So...

So what do I have? I read the entire thread that Trueblue referred me to and printed most of it for reference. It goes way back before all the details of the SF were fixed. So I'm confused about my light. Is it like the original batch, or did John get a different light? Mine looks like a Lux-V with what I'd call an orangepeel reflector. It puts out pretty well, but based on a few minutes outside, it's no better -- maybe not quite as good as -- my U2.

Anyone know what's inside my light -- engine, bin, etc.? Could my light be improved?

Lighthound says it has a custom ArcMania converter, voltage regulated. He says "This is a special batch, so they are not on CPF, but theya re the same high quality as all of ArcMania's lights." His printed specs show WXOT Lux-V @ 750 mA (I haven't measured mine yet).

Mini-modder, mine's one number earlier than yours.

I can machine my tube for 18650s. Anyone see any reason not to do so? According to my light box, the SF puts out 755 lux with 17670 and 1075 with CR123s (numbers specific only to my box but should be relative).

Great fun!:laughing:

Fringe

Enlightened
I too am very curious to see how the one from lighthound compares to the one that was sold here and sold out. I hope it is just as nice.

tanghy

Newly Enlightened
ppl who have bought from lighthound
leef
minimoder
londonlad
jefft?
= 1 left

Fringe

Enlightened
I believe they are all gone, but I am still waiting to hear back from John.

Leef

Enlightened
My SF-III (from Lighthound) draws 850 mA with almost new SF 123s.

I'm planning to bore/ream it to use 18650s (I'm boring/reaming my SF M4 tomorow).