Pentagon s2 19led light- compared to 3watt

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the great forum everyone, its great to be able to count on the experiance of others before spending $$$.

Does anyone own, or have used a pentagon s2 19 led light? I was considering buying one for a small wide-area illumination light, but how bright is it? I had a old inova x5. I liked it, but wanted a little brighter light. How does the pentagon compare? I also have a couple of luxon lights - like Pelican's 3watt. I like it. Will a bunch of 5mm leds beat it - or will I feel foolish for blowing my money? Any help would be appreciated.

SF 6p, 9p, M3, kl1, SL ultra stinger, UK lc hid

not2bright

Enlightened
woodrow,

If it hasn't been said yet, welcome to the forums!

I can't specifically address the s2, but can make some general statements.

I too own the Pelican 3w, and also own the PentagonLight L2.

The s2 will not have the throw (distance illumination) that your Pelican does. That said, it should provide a uniform flood of light. That might work better for closer lighting tasks. I would imagine that it will give off plenty of wide light in short distance (PL site says 25-36 lumens).

You won't be dissapointed with the construction quality of the PentagonLight products. If you find that the flood pattern isn't what you need, you can purchase the 3w head making it very similar to the Pelican, or the incan head of the x2.

On the PL site it shows the beam pattern of the IR head:

http://www.pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.394

Hope that helps.