R-bin Fenix LP2...can't wait.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Fenix LP2 for my birthday, I can wait to find out this "R" unit is about. I think it might put my XM-3 to shame if there's no green tint. Commints from owners?

chiphead

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a great flashlight with excellent regulation :) By the way, the name is L2P and not LP2 ;)

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stand corrected. How is the heat on it, as the BadBoy 1000 in the head of my MiniMag can get pretty toasty.

chiphead

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a huge heat difference in driving a Luxeon at 350 mA or 1000 mA ;) The L2P will get a little warm, but absolutely not hot. I have an L2P modded with a MillerMods circuit and a LuxIII driven at 700 mA and the flashlight gets quite warm but not hot. Heat dissapation is very good with Fenix flashlights.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My unit came in Thursday, and I played with it after work in some in the back woods. I've seen white light but this take the cake! This is the cleanest beam I've ever seen and some pretty dang good throw as well. And unlike my XM-3 and my modded Minimag/AA there's no green tint. Plus it fits the pocket of my jeans like my XM-3, Fenix as a winner with this one!

But since I'm looking at a $1500.0 repair bill for my truck, this is going to be the last light of a long time.

chiphead...Walking through life at DEFCON-3.

Latest posts