looking for tactical flashlight!

Equinox

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Im new obviously, so I will start by say'n hi! I have a shotty that could use a nice flash light. I assume this is the palce to go for that info;). I would like a light that is extremely powerful with a nice solid beam. Used pelicans and sure fires in the past. Maybe that shows my ignorance:(. Anyways I would hope they would mount to this gear. If it doesnt fit but is hands down the shizzit I would like to hear about it. Maybe I would custom mount it. Battery life doesnt matter.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=tactical+flashlight+mounts&pid=4897658431494760062&oid=12323791009798987422&btnG=Search+Froogle&oi=froogle&scoring=mrd&hl=en

Thanx
Eq

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

The type of weapon-mounted light you go for (including the type of mount and switching) would depend on the weapon and your expected use of it.

Al

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
What brand of shotgun?

Streamlight makes a sweet mount that attaches using the magazine tube cap. The light is placed at 6 oclock, just below the forward section of the handguard. An M3 type light works, as does their awesome TLR-1 LED light. Very lightweight, and much less bulk and expense than options like the Surefire shotgun forends. HTH.

Paladin

Streamlight's p/n for the Rem 870 mounting bracket is 66906

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a shotgun , other than the dedicated forends the best mount available is from Laser devices. I use the Tri rail mount on my FN Police pump with a LDI OP-9 light. The light does not move at all. A standard scope ring can be used to mount the light. I use a quick release ring and can remove the light when not needed.

This
25001_2.jpg

or

25011_2.jpg

These lock up solid like a rock and you can mount most tac lights to a shotgun. No movement at all.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome to CPF Equinox!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy! :wave:

Equinox

Newly Enlightened
Size15's said:
Welcome to CPF!

The type of weapon-mounted light you go for (including the type of mount and switching) would depend on the weapon and your expected use of it.

Al

The weapon is a Saiga 12 EAA 22". the foregrip will have a picatinni rail for hand grip & laser/flash light mount. Typical M4 or quad rail mounting. The expected use of it is truthfully to sit in a gun safe. But, guns are sexy. The new tactical modular stuff rocks. In this link to Tromix is a shotty with a mounted flashlight. I will mount mine on the bottom but it gives the idea. The switch could be a push button or remote switch. Not really a big concern on the switch itself as long as it accessable.

Shotty's
http://www.tromix.com/Welcome1.htm

the foregrip looks like
http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/saiga12_handguard_picatinny.jpg

madecov said:
25011_2.jpg

These lock up solid like a rock and you can mount most tac lights to a shotgun. No movement at all.

Thats very cool, Thanx bro;)

Paladin said:
What brand of shotgun?

Streamlight makes a sweet mount that attaches using the magazine tube cap. The light is placed at 6 oclock, just below the forward section of the handguard. An M3 type light works, as does their awesome TLR-1 LED light. Very lightweight, and much less bulk and expense than options like the Surefire shotgun forends. HTH.

Paladin

Streamlight's p/n for the Rem 870 mounting bracket is 66906

So, im lookin for the Streamlight M3, or the TLR-1 LED to be the flashlights that will blind my victoms before they recieve some unwanted lead? Any certian bulbs or mods for these I should check into. Money isnt really the issue.

And for all. Thanks for the welcome bro's. Small asian woman with no teeth for the lot of ya, my treat;) j/k,

Equinox

Newly Enlightened
Size15's said:
Have you considered the SureFire M910A Vertical Foregrip?

Thats it:). Had to find it by a search on Surefires site "M910A". Very, very impressed. I assume the 225 lumins ultra high bulb is the ideal choice. price is a littl steap. Do you know the best place to buy? Thanks again:p

Edit: Best price for US delivery.

Equinox

Newly Enlightened
atm said:
Check out OpticsHQ in greenLED's specials thread:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56067

That light works out at a bit under $420, I believe that includes delivery in the US but you'll need to confirm that when checking out.

Andrew

Im seeing $543 US. I may not have the right link. If I can get it for $420 US shipped, I will be on it like a dog on a bone, like white on rice, like flies on..... well you get the picture. Could I be missing something?

http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/CTGY/Surefire-Weapon-Lights

atm

Enlightened
In greenLED's list, where it says OpticsHQ, follow the link at the end of that line (linked from the word "details") for the discount info.

Andrew

Latest posts