Does anyone make a 65+ lumen LED lamp for Surefire lights?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the KL5 that is.... I would love to find a 65 lumen or higher reflectored LED LA for my C2. Any such animal? Does McGizmo make such a thing? I tried to get to Emilions' website but it would time out on me. Does he make such an animal?

cy

Flashaholic
a P-60 luxeon drop-in if you won the luxeon lottery will do the job. but I suspect most will be less output.

you really need a five watt luxeon to reliably put out 65+ lumens out front end.

unfortunately KL4 only fits E series body. Just sold a G&P 5watt luxeon head assembly that would do the job. here's a link. http://www.lighthound.com/sales/gp_surefire_accessories.htm

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doh!!!!

I just bought a G&P 3Watt!!!!!! Why didn't I see this!!!

Something else to buy in the future!

Does the fact that it is a 5 Watt lux mean that it will be more of a flooder than a thrower??

...:sold:...

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Originally Posted by Nyctophiliac
Does the fact that it is a 5 Watt lux mean that it will be more of a flooder than a thrower??
Yes. The LuxV die is larger than the LuxIII die. The die diameter to reflector diameter ratio is higher, therefore, the beam will be more diffuse. However, that will make it basically like most other SureFires. Few of them are good throwers because tactical lights are better with very bright, floody lamps. If you're trying to blind a killer, you don't want to miss his face with a small hotspot.

Bernie

cy

Flashaholic
Nyctophiliac said:
Doh!!!!

I just bought a G&P 3Watt!!!!!! Why didn't I see this!!!

Something else to buy in the future!

Does the fact that it is a 5 Watt lux mean that it will be more of a flooder than a thrower??...:sold:...
G&P 5watt head uses a lager reflector than P60 diameter and has excellent throw and spill.

my sample of one was excellent! note you cannot use 1x li-ion with this 5watt head. requires 2x CR123, don't know if circuit will withstand 2x R123.

if you plan on boring your C2 to accept 18650, then L5 or L6 head would be better.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
In other words, it's a good buy and a must have item!!

Are there any runtime graphs out there yet?

...smoke me a kipper,I'll be back in time for Breakfast...