L4 and Lanyard Question

ront

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys, I may win the dumb question of the day, week, year award here, but how are you supposed to attach the supplied lanyard to the L4. I sure don't know.

Thanks, Ron

greenLED

Flashaholic
Several different ways:
- Attach the split ring to the tip of the clip (where those raised cut-outs are) and then clip the lanyard there.
- I'm not sure if you can clip the lanyard onto there directly (clip may be too large).
- Wrap the lanyard under the clip and around the body, sort of like this:

Last edited:

Heck

Enlightened
The L4s do not come with the plastic lanyard ring.

Also I'm not even sure if it'll fit if you tried it with that.

Anyway, I think the lanyard is meant for other lights and was included as an after thought. The only way I see able to clip it is use the tiny keychain ring and loop it on the light's pocket clip's raised part. The metal "clip"...I have no idea what to do with it unless you build your own lanyard ring or something.

greenLED

Flashaholic
It's the A2 and L1 that have the plastic lanyard ring on the tailcap. SF clickies don't have that. Pic of my "loop around" lanyard attachment added to my previous post.

seaward

Newly Enlightened
Ah good idea thanks for the post! I always was not happy with the way I would try to attach my lanyard to my L4.. Just ordered two of these:http://www.lighthound.com/images/lanyard_supplies/QuickReleaseString.jpg
QuickReleaseString.jpg

Latest posts