• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED: Bare Aluminum or Chrome

Regentag

Banned
Bare Aluminum or Chrome Flashlights.
Interested in McLux III PD, Aleph, other lights of same caliber.

PM or E-mail me with details. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
Re: WTB: Bare Aluminum or Chrome

Regentag, I mean no disrespect to you in this. It is more of a general post.

This "WTB: Ti (or chrome or whatever) PD" business is getting ridiculous, there are at least 3 or 4 open WTB threads for this light on the custom BST forum. I think most people will agree with me that nobody looks at these before posting. For example a Chrome PD went up for sale a few hours after this was posted, and since it is sold to someone else, I doubt that PhotonFanatic contacted you, but I could be wrong.. I am not trying to be mean. But could there be one post with a list or something, because these threads are multiplying like bunnies.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Mini-Moder, I am probably the unwitting culprit here. I posted a WTB for a chrome PD, and found one surprisingly quickly. Really shocked me, actually. I just think that others here who like me really would like this light noticed this and it snowballed. I bet the bunnies stop doing their thing pretty soon, it just seems like an interesting but likely short lived phenomina.:ohgeez: But if anyone deserves the lash, that would be me:grin2: Sorry if it aggravated you or anyone else.:wave:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

I actually cant blame the members who want these lights. They put out WTB threads because the chrome PD's and other Desirable lights only last 3-4 minutes, sometimes 0 minutes!! WTB is how i got my Chrome PD, and my McLux Ti. :grin2:

There are over 12,000 members on CPF, I would'nt call 3-4 WTB posts rediculous....

I wish luck to Regentag and hope someone shows up with an offer he cant refuse..... He's got deep pockets people, everything has a price....

Free :bumpit:

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

But you may have noticed that a Chrome PD went up for sale a hour or so ago, and they didn't think to contact Regentag. I also wish you luck Regentag, but sometimes you just have to be in the right thread at the exact right time.

I am not saying anyone is to blame for this. But it was just an observation/slight rant. But it was not intended to target any one person for wrong doing. I apologize if it seemed that way.

greenLED

Flashaholic

Bare Aluminum has its appeal. I hate the way it scuffs and scratches too easily though. For that reason, the 1-2 bare Al lights are have are "beater" lights.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened

I posted a wanted to buy for a Orb,another member was kind enough to pm me and I got it. It does help. I was in a similar situation,where desirable lights go in a matter of minutes. Maybe reaing these posts will make selllers aware. Good luck to all,someday I to would like a pd,unless he comes out with something new!:)

colubrid

Enlightened

Sometimes posting a WTB ad works. ........... .............. SOMETIMES!

Today @:
3:48 photonfanatic posted a for sale ad on his chrome pd

3: 57 photonfanatic private messaged me that he has one for sale.

3:52 Chrome PD sold 5 minutes after Photonfanatic PM'd me.

Thats two Chromes I missed in one day by, ~ , that much.

Mommie please make the Chrome PD owners stop :banghead: :green: :sick: :hairpull: :whoopin: :eeksign: :poof: :sick2: :whoopin: :poof: :poof: :mecry: :mecry: :help:

Fringe

Enlightened

I don't bar all these posts for PDs and the likes of Don. We live in a world were everything has its price, and I know if I wanted a Chrome PD badly enough, I would pay DEARLY for it and not be made at the guy on the other end who profited. Supply and demand. I love this ****!

I beleive we are all nuts for these custom lights!

G-2

Enlightened

Fringe said:
I don't bar all these posts for PDs and the likes of Don. We live in a world were everything has its price, and I know if I wanted a Chrome PD badly enough, I would pay DEARLY for it and not be made at the guy on the other end who profited. Supply and demand. I love this ****!

I beleive we are all nuts for these custom lights!

+1000 Here Here! Please don't stop these wtb chrome/ti/all pd threads, Please! one custom light nut present and accounted for.

Last edited:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't see a thing wrong with WTB

Someone who has a certain thing may see it and decide to sell it because he saw the WTB. Would have never sold it otherwise.

With all the other comments and stories on the boards how could that be a distraction sheesh

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this not the BUY, SELL, and TRADE section??

ibcj

Enlightened

Sorry- edited due to off topic.

Good luck Regentag.

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

I think this is my fault, I'm sorry. Somebody please help out Regentag, he deserves that light.

AlanH

Enlightened

OT-I have spoken to RT aboiut posting this in his thread.

PSM, this is in no way directed at you, my opinion is that you present balanced points of view and great comments re lights......I applaud your posts on CPF. and always read them with interest. But comments like this are now becoming more of a feature for a lot of the BST threads.

He's got deep pockets people

Comments like this have been the subject of several conversations between RT and myself. He like I is not afraid to show that 'he wants', 'he likes' and 'he buys'.

However, it should not be for public discussion whether someone has or has not got deep pockets or in other words the money to pay whatever, made tongue in cheek or not.

I had over 40 emails and messages within a couple of days after I paid $645 for the TnC Lux V. ALL of them were offering me a varied selection of PD's, Chrome, Ti and Black, KI's, Splash Alephs, SF3's, Elephant Lights, a high end Military Light, a DARPA Light and many other prestige lights. I refused every one of them. Why, because every one of them was offering a light at subtantially more than it was worth, everyone sought a heavy premium of $dollars. Some total, around $17,000 of offers.

I am not against people paying for something they want, as is said, everything has a price, I just see more and more, identities being targeted for profit. Because someone pays heavily once, it doesn't mean he needs to be targeted by the masses.

Because what is risked otherwise is that a WTB will read something like this:

WTB XYZ with 456 in xx, am willing to pay more money than anyone else, because I can, name your price !

The price of lights will be driven up and then the bitchin will start. It will be great if your are a seller, not so great when you want to buy.

There are many members here who do not live the Champagne lifestyle, they do not have the ability to pour dollar after dollar into their passion. They have normal jobs and normal incomes. Let everyone enjoy finding a deal on a prized item, be it an SL3 or a Megaray and all stops in between.

I read an old BST post from a seller earlier whose light went in minutes, his response to the 'You should of charged more' was 'hey let someone else enjoy the light'. Bravo.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

AlanH I wouldnt have agreed more. Nice post.
No offence to anyone but I hope that those who already got theirs, stop jacking up the price for those who are still looking.
Free bump for rengatang as well and hope for a good hearted genuine seller to read this. Peace to all members :grouphug:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

I hardly think this is the right place to discuss this, so I'll be brief. My comment was to help Regentag out. For me, it would take a rediculous offer to sell my Ti or Chrome lights. Most people are the same way. So say Joe Blow has a Chrome PD, he sees Regentags thread. Joe Blow wont even bother offering it to Regentag because he thinks that Regentag wouldnt pay the high price that he wants for it. BUT, Joe Blow saw my comment, so he says what the heck I'll try to offer it to him. Is it a high price? Heck yes it is, but that is what it is worth to me....

Thats why these lights are going up and up and up!! Supply and Demand....

One last comment, remember this post by Regentag????

Regentag said:
CASH - CASH - CASH - CASH - CASH - CASH

paid immediately for your McLux III T (Titanium)

283813SDC.jpg

Please PM or E-mail me if you would like to sell yours.

wink2.gif
Thanks for looking!
wink2.gif

*** CLOSED *** CLOSED *** CLOSED *** CLOSED ***

I hardly doubt he cares if anyone says he has deep pockets.... :lolsign:

colubrid

Enlightened

"Regen"-"tag" has money because he saves up for a "rainy"-"day".

LOL! Is that what it translates to??:)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

greenLED said:
Bare Aluminum has its appeal. I hate the way it scuffs and scratches too easily though. For that reason, the 1-2 bare Al lights are have are "beater" lights.

Yes but one thing the that is very appealing about brushed finished bare lights is the fact that a $1 piece of scotchbrite and a few minutes usually brings them back to new :)

Mac