• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - UX0H or UW0H Lux III Emitter

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
or any U--H Lux III Emitter you might have to sell. Need it for an upgrade project. PM me with what you have.

Thanks
wink2.gif

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck on your quest, but I think you won't find those. The best I have yet seen is U..J. And I'm one of the lucky few who owns a UX1J :) Please don't PM to buy it, it's not for sale :p By the way, the tint of mine doesn't look greenish at all, it looks pure white like X0 bin.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've had three U**Ks, and one UX1J but I can't recall ever seeing a U**H for sale.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crazy: Well, maybe they don't exist. I dunno, but if there is anyplace to find out, this has to be the place. Thanks, fellas!

wtraymond

Enlightened
WTB - XXOS or XWOS Lux V star or emitter

LOL, sorry Eric. I couldn't help myself. I'm sure we'll see these eventually. Good luck with your quest.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
C'mon. I know there has to be one out there? Please PM me with any help you can give. Thanks! :help:

WhiteHot

Enlightened
EricMack said:
C'mon. I know there has to be one out there? Please PM me with any help you can give. Thanks! :help:

I wouldn't be so sure. Why do you NEED one anyway? I mean, sure it would be cool but even if one does exist, it would be really expensive. Are you trying to impress someone?

cy

Flashaholic
Erasmus said:
Good luck on your quest, but I think you won't find those. The best I have yet seen is U..J. And I'm one of the lucky few who owns a UX1J :) Please don't PM to buy it, it's not for sale :p By the way, the tint of mine doesn't look greenish at all, it looks pure white like X0 bin.
if you have a regulated power supply, deliver 700 milliamps @ .5V over rated vf. then measure your forward voltage at luxeon.

if VF measure below 3.27 under 700 milliamps load and color is XO range. then you very well may have a UXOH on your hands. Please note tint is very subjective and vf will typically drop aprox. .4V after some burntime.

UX1J's from the original release batch had the widest veriations of any luxeon bin I've played with.

lux testing.JPG

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
WhiteHot said:
I wouldn't be so sure. Why do you NEED one anyway? I mean, sure it would be cool but even if one does exist, it would be really expensive. Are you trying to impress someone?

I don't NEED anything, thank you very much. Thank you for your kind comments.:duck:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of curiosity... what exactly is the project? Is it something that will be forever epoxied in place? If not, I'd just get a UW0K which are reasonably easy to find and replace it with a UX0H or UW0H once they are available for a decent price. Regulated, the UW0K will be roughly equally bright and give about 90% or more of the runtime of a U**H.

I imagine if you happen to find a UX0H, it will be 5 at least 3 times the cost of a UW0K.

WhiteHot

Enlightened
EricMack said:
I don't NEED anything, thank you very much. Thank you for your kind comments.:duck:

I wasnt trying to be rude. I was just wondering what the motivation was for trying to obtain something that is so hard to get (or impossible) when in most of the cases I can think of, a different (readily available) LED would really well. I admit it came off a little rude and I am sorry about that. Something more in line with what cratz said is where I was trying to go with that. I was just a bit less than eloquent.

So what is the project anyway?

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
WhiteHot said:
I wasnt trying to be rude. I was just wondering what the motivation was for trying to obtain something that is so hard to get (or impossible) when in most of the cases I can think of, a different (readily available) LED would really well. I admit it came off a little rude and I am sorry about that. Something more in line with what cratz said is where I was trying to go with that. I was just a bit less than eloquent.

So what is the project anyway?

Hey, no offense taken. Very good common sense suggestions, that unfortunately won't work. My project demands a emmitter with a vf no higher than H. It is looking more and more likely that it will be a TX0H.

Call me crazy, but I enjoy looking for hard to find things :lolsign:
And I am not always very eloquent myself :ohgeez:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm DYING to know what project 'demands' an H Vf...
popcorn.gif

Again, to play devils advocate... You do realize that if you happened to obtain a UX0H and you comapred it to a TX0H, there's a decent chance that the U bin might only be VERY slightly brighter than the T-bin. That is what would steer me personally to the TX0H. You can buy those for what... $12? If I paid $40 or $50 for a UX0H and found it to be only marginally brighter than the TX0H, I'd be pretty pissy.

Last edited:

wtraymond

Enlightened
I've purchased (at a premium price) two U-binned emmiters in the last year. I have several T-bins that are brigher in the same application.

I think you're better off with the more consistant T-bins for now. But don't worry. THe U-bins are coming - soon I hope.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
A FluPIC works nicely with a xxxH bin
My FF-III uses a TxxH bin with a RCR123 3.6V Li-Ion and it works very well. Since we are all asking... anyone have a SWAH K2 (@350mA) ??? I need 6 of them :)

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Resurrection bump! Still like to find a UxxH, anyone got one they can spare? :)

cy

Flashaholic
thought fred offered some of these a little while back... maybe not?

amazing how much difference 3 months makes in luxeon bin availability!