Kroll switch adjustment

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished assembling a mini mag for my daughter, the Kroll is a bit tough to "engage", has anyone tried to modify the switch for ease of use?

greenLED

Flashaholic
I took the springs out and cleaned them with some DeOxit and ProGold (some alcohol would work OK if you have that handy). What I didn't do was take the whole switch apart to get at the internal contacts.To be honest, I couldn't figure out how to do it. If somebody would be kind enough to share how to take a kroll apart (beyond taking the rubber boot and both external springs out), that'd be great.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makrov, yes, the "click" part.. She can get momentary if she tries hard, but actually making it stay is another. I'm sure there is a tiny bit of technique involved, but I figured while I can I will just make the whole process a tad easier for her.. :)

Hi Green! Did I mention this switch is brand new? I guess cleaning it won't be a problem so maybe just a good lubrication may be in order.. I was hoping there was some sort of spring modification or something.. :)

I'll take a closer look at it when the Loc-tite sets, and in typing that I realized this was my first mod! :grin2: Not alot of dignity announcing it is a bright pink mini mag though.. :laughing: Yup, wrapped around her finger..

greenLED

Flashaholic
:stupid: Well, I've had problems with dirty contacts on "new" krolls, so I interpreted "engage" as turn on. Lubing might help if it's a stiff plunger/clicker.

Your mod reminds me of the T-shirts women black belts wear at our TKD school; the shirts are pink and say "Yes, I kick like a girl" :laughing:

Latest posts