Current Arc AAA-P Completely Different from Previous AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I received my AAA-P several weeks ago. It has been used extensively inside and outside the house, at work, and on its first camping trip this past weekend. A lot of the time I have had a 2003 Edition CPF AAA and an old LS along for comparison.

No question...the current AAA is in a completely different category from the older one. That light was way cool and carryable but simply did not have the oomph in way too many situations. It rarely saw service other than at the movies. The current AAA still has much less output than the LS, but has enough to work for many more situations. I exactly agree with Peter's points about the underlying design assumptions, and this light satisfies every one. Finally, after being banned for almost three years, an Arc AAA is back in the dugout for EDC use! It's the light in my pocket unless a specific use is on the day's agenda that is better served by one of the more powerful lights.

Thanks Peter!

ScottyJ

Enlightened
Ya buddy....I never leave the house without my new AAA around my neck. I am still surprised at how how usefull it is. I have an older one and I agree with you, the new ones are that much more usefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.