Any thoughts on Streamlight TLR-1?

bascodog

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a M-3 thats just Okay. I have handled Surefires 200 series and they seem to be very durable, like all SF products. I have only seen Streamlights TLR series in magazines and on the net. I am receptive to any feedback.

aedavis

Newly Enlightened
I handled several of these at this year's SHOT Show and was impressed. I don't recall what the beam pattern was exactly, but I think it was similar to the X200b's flood beam.

One thing I didn't like is that the activation switch only turned on by pushing the lever up (on the right side) or down (on the left side). The X200 will go on with a forward push of the thumb on your support hand. This is something I could get used to but I like the Surefire switch better.

As I recall, the retail price was going to be about $125, but I may be off here.

I liked it and would buy one if I needed a rail mounted light. I think the X200 is a bit nicer, especially for a lefty like me, but the Streamlight is half the price and I could get used to the switch.

Allan

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to play around with a TLR1 at a local store. The beam pattern is between the X200A and X200B. It's not a spotlight like the A, but not as diffused/flood as the B. It has a defined hot spot with good sidespill. I also thought the switch was a bit awkward and would've preferred a simple push button. Pushing one way (up I believe) is for momentary, and the other way (down?) was constant on. I think it's great for the price and the beam was very smooth with no artifacts.