Coast LED-LENSER V10

raythompson

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a Coast LED-LENSER V10 light for $40.00 from Batteries Plus. That included a case for the light. It is an impressive light. The beam is very white, as good as my HDS GT60. The brightness is also as good as the HDS. The beam pattern is not as good as the HDS.

The light runs on 3 AAAA (yes, 4A) batteries installed in a carrier. I don't know if the light is regulated or has any thermal management as I can find very little information on the light using the WEB or the search function on this board.

The light is slightly longer than the HDS and about as big in diameter. The case appears to be stainless steel but I suspect is really something else. The finish is very nicely done. The light works in an odd way. You loosen the top to have the light come on, tighten to turn off. Backwards from what one would expect.

I don't know about run times as I just recently got the light. The light does get fairly warm when using the light. It is a LUX LED of some kind, don't know if it 3 watt or 5 watt.

I like this light and may purchase a couple more of them to give to a couple of friends.

Anyone else know anything else about this light?

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I have the v10 triplex 3 led AAAA version,I just sent it back because the beam is SO purple.It is not anything like thier 1.25 w diode charged version,like yours ,which is bright and quite white,I have a (model 7740 from sears, 1 AA) its quite a nice light for $29.I ll see how thier customer service handles this and get back to you all.So far they have replied quickly and been very helpful.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
LedLenser V10 Series:

ll_v10_series.jpg

Stainless Steel body
3 x AAAA
Not regulated
Not watertight
Difficult to turn with slippy hands

Good looking, but there's better for the money.
I heard the latest LedLensers like the David should actually be good lights.

bernie

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
I heard the latest LedLensers like the David should actually be good lights....
I have one of the David19's. Very good for a 1AA. The beam is actually more usable than my TLE5 equipped MiniMag. A nice even flood beam, but a little short on throw for that reason.

flashlife

Enlightened
I have the "David 15"...(actually Coast TT7840CP Digitac, 1.25W Luxeon, 1xAA). It's a good EDC light. Has a nice, white 'narrow flood' beam with adequate sidespill. It will light up by back fence at about 50 feet with about a 10 foot wide beam. Much brighter than the Inova X1-reflector, a little less bright and less focused than the Dorcy Metal Gear. Alkalines seem to last about 4 hours before noticeable dimming.

I got this one at Fry's.

Latest posts