Ever loose track of your lights?

RowdyOne

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 SL 4AA Propoly lux lights. One for my toolbox and one for the wife's car. Somewhere between the office, where they were delivered, and my wife's car I lost it. For the life of me I can't find it. I also lost track of my VB-16.

Anyone else loose or misplace your lights?

As there are people with lots more lights than I have, how do you keep track of them all?

VWTim

Enlightened
Ya, I've misplaced them from time to time. Usually it's my L0P, but that gets lost like carkeys. I have misplaced my MAG85 from time to time as I pack it with me on trips.

roguesw

Enlightened
Yes, sometimes they get lost behind the bed, underneath the couch, inside a bag that i forgot i put them in (i use several bags and rotate between each)
sometimes i have the light clipped to me but when i am in the office, i might put it down somewhere like in a drawer and then go home forgetting about it.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
RowdyOne said:
Anyone else loose or misplace your lights?

No, I have not lost any lights yet. Each one has its own storage place and I put them back there when not in use.

Sounds like your lights had their own allocated places, too. Who else has access to your tool box and flashlights? Perhaps they were borrowed or stolen.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only temporarily misplaced flashlights. I've always found them. I misplaced a Photon 2 when I moved a little over a year ago, but it turned up in one of the boxes I hadn't unpacked right away.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, never. A flashlight is a tool, and any tool that's not where it should be and therefor not available when needed, is useless.

Cheers. :buddies:

WNG

Enlightened
Good luck finding it.

Rarely misplaced, mostly it's forgetting what duty it was assigned and where that is.
heehee...no, that isn't misplaced, eh?

I now keep an Excel spreadsheet of where my lights, and more importantly, where my rechargeable batteries are being used and placed.
Too many details to keep track of, and I'm not getting any younger.
:)

VWTim

Enlightened
Diesel_Bomber said:
Nope, never. A flashlight is a tool, and any tool that's not where it should be and therefor not available when needed, is useless.

The problem with that, as I have super redundancy in my tool selection. To the point, I'd have 3 lights at every place I normally keep 1 :)

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few times. I've forgotten where I've put one, or which coat it was in, and once, I almost lost one because it fell out of my pocket at a friends house. Luckily it was found in the couch a few days later.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
VWTim said:
The problem with that, as I have super redundancy in my tool selection. To the point, I'd have 3 lights at every place I normally keep 1 :)

Oh yes, I keep spare lights and other tools too. Just the same, I don't buy tools and other equipment just to lose them.

RowdyOne

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Unicorn! My VB-16 was in a jacket that I forgot I had worn. Now to look in the Jeep for the SL!

1 found... 1 to go

Unicorn said:
A few times. I've forgotten where I've put one, or which coat it was in, and once, I almost lost one because it fell out of my pocket at a friends house. Luckily it was found in the couch a few days later.

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
I have one light I have not saw in about six years. An led light I bought from sportsman guide just to have a long battery life. I never thought it would be a short light life.:ohgeez:

roguesw

Enlightened
RowdyOne, you said somewhere between the office and the car, just wondering, could you have taken the lights out of the box and then placed the box somewhere else and the lights at your drawer or work
or, if you had received the box while you were in the middle of something, e.g talking to co workers or you were in a diffferent area of the office you might have left them there.
The other possibility was you were packing the case into your car and you had to move some things around and forgotten to put it into your car and drove off?
Its happened to me, i left my light on the ground after checking a rattling sound on the car, then turned it off and got back into the car leaving the light on the ground
hope you find it soon
Des

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have kids, with that said I'm happy if I can find one of my lights sometimes.

doug