• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD...5 Lux III, UYAH emitters in modded Surefire KL4 head, for TW4

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale: Five new Surefire KL4 heads with unobtainium Lux III, UYAH emitters. The heads use a SC1000 converter running 1100mA. This head is for 3 VOLTS ONLY. So if you like a Surefire/TW4 setup then the mod is just for you.

You couldn't ask for a more professional job of making these mods. "These are bright!"

From the maker, "This converter was made for straight out current regulation to maintain constant light until the battery is completely depleted. Drive current to the LED is 1.1 amp, with a 50 minute runtime. The LED is a UYAH and I only have 5 units. These are bright! Thanks."

The price for each mod is $230, including the mailing from Japan.

ARC mania cannot logon CPF so if you would post here and PM me it would be gratefully appreciated. You'll be sending a PayPal to ARC mania, not me.

kl4uyah1zh.jpg

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 5 Lux III, UYAH emitters in modded Surefire KL4 head, for TW4

Wow! I hate being poor!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, but it's an 'H' vf U binah! For someone with the right iq/currency ratio I'm sure it's a very good price. Is the bin really verifiable though since locked in sf heads?

BTW Why can't Arc Mania do his own stuff? Or are you really Arc Mania not wanting to deal with pm's and questions about where the smjled comes from?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, a cost breakdown is in order.

$130 to buy a new Surefire KL4 head.
$2 for Surefire to mail 5x KL4 heads to Japan. 5 heads cost $10 to ship.
$30 emitter for the exotic UYAH emitter.
$40 for cost of converter, assembly and to have Katokichi machine an e-can.
$15 Global Express mailing with tracking from Japan to you.
$4 PayPal fees.

TOTAL= $221

Gas to deliver package to the post office= $3

$232 to deliver a head to your door. He is asking $230.

Whoa! $8 profit to make you a bright head for your light? That is too much? I'm sure you can do it much cheaper, right? It is simple mod to do, right?

I don't think ARC mania is making a hellofva profit. Go for it and get rich.

An $8 profit. That might buy a dinner for two at McDonalds. Don't count the gas to get there.

As for the other question. I wish ARC mania could be here. Life would be a lot easier. Mike's computer hard drive broke. His modem was also down. It is fixed now. He bought a new computer but it has Japanese Windows in it. He now has a new computer with Windows in English and it works.

No matter what computer he uses he cannot get in CPF with his password. I've tried his password and it doesn't work for me. He tried a new name, Micro mania, and password but it only worked for one day. We have been trying to get him in CPF. He can't be here because he can't get in CPF.

We'd sure appreciate it if someone could help ARC mania get in CPF.

Are you implying I have two accounts at CPF? I don't. Have the CPF administrators check into it; you have my permission. Then post the answer here.

Why do you need to know where the SMJLED comes from? They come from ARC mania. If he could get back in then you could ask him yourself.

Back on the sales thread.

For Sale: Five new Surefire KL4 heads with unobtainium Lux III, UYAH emitters. The heads use a SC1000 converter running 1100mA. This head is for 3 VOLTS ONLY. So if you like a Surefire/TW4 setup then the mod is just for you.

You couldn't ask for a more professional job of making these mods. "These are bright!"

From the maker, "This converter was made for straight out current regulation to maintain constant light until the battery is completely depleted. Drive current to the LED is 1.1 amp, with a 50 minute runtime. The LED is a UYAH and I only have 5 units. These are bright! Thanks."

The price for each mod is $230, including the mailing from Japan.

ARC mania cannot logon CPF so if you would post here and PM me it would be gratefully appreciated. You'll be sending a PayPal to ARC mania, not me.

kl4uyah1zh.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't heard of UWOH showing up for almost a year. Any U-bins right now are scarce, let alone ones with low Vf!

pcmike

Enlightened

Trueblue, sorry for what was a very uninformed, ignorant post. I stand FIRMLY corrected!
:thumbsup: :thanks:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

like jsr said.... I just hate being poor...

tanghy

Newly Enlightened

what is a TW4 setup?

HgRyu

Enlightened

TW4 = Surefire E1E body + KL4 head. :)

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

HgRyu said:

Yup, like he said up above, thanks. :)

A TW4 was first made by Tactical Warehouse. It is a CR123A body with a KL4 head. You can also use a Vital Gear FB1 body.

I'm taking a couple of days off from CPF. My email notification is currently working. If anyone is interested in the mods then I'll know.

tw47dj.jpg

Leef

Enlightened

I wish he made a similar head for 6.0 or 7.4 v. with a white LED. Oh well.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

HgRyu said:

Argh!, this is my ideal SF...E1E body + KL4 head with UxxH-bin Lux3 and a spare VG FB1 body (with the new coil spring button)...AAAHHHH!!!! Damn no money! :awman: