• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD:Aleph black CR2 body

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD:

One Aleph CR2 body, black, very good condition.

standard.jpg

Prefer paypal for payment. Price includes shipping to US/CA/UK, others at cost: SOLD $22

Thanks,
Danny

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Re: FS:Aleph black CR2 body

Hey Danny,

Nobody snapped this sweetie up? I missed it somehow. Been staring at the quantity ZERO number next to this one at the Shoppe for some time.

I'll take it!

And thanks to your inspiration I'll fit a Royal Blue Lux III LE into an Aleph 19 head and trim tailcap and carry the ideal partner to that unspeakably awesome Lux III RB you sold me in that modded QIII. Ranking tops as an alltime favorite, recently upset by the arrival of a genuine McGizmo cyan (PERFECT pure cyan) mod on an E1.....

That RB in the QIII is still way better than the others I have acquired since trying out new ideas, some magic in that batch!

pcmike

Enlightened

Not to harm this sale, but for anyone who happens to come upon this thread looking for this body.. they are in stock (edit: only the nat is in stock) at lighthound.com.

:goodjob: Lunarmodule

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

:grin2: Way to go pcmike !!!

Thanks for the heads up on that. I thought it was down to the end of the line with most things sold out at LH. Last time I went looking for tailcaps and no dice. Aleph parts are now starting to get really scarce. Shame too because I just got into them recently and they really are great components. I can only hope Don has something evolutionary to follow but time will tell.

pianoman

Enlightened

I have been using an Aleph II 750 NextGen LE with a primary CR2 cell and a flat top McGizmo switch...Its amazing how long a CR2 can run...

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

Well if Lunar doesnt want it. I will take it.

Nice grab Lunar.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Mini,

Sorry, but Regentag PM'd me a couple days ago wanting to buy it. Since I never did hear anything from LM so it is going to Regentag. My apologies for not updating the status on the post, but I spent all weekend driving my Mom around to old family cemetaries to clean things up and and put new flowers our for Easter.

Thanks,
Danny

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lunarmodule,

I am sorry that you are upset about this, but if anyone is in error here it would be me, not Regentag. I never got any PM/email from you originally about payment, and didn't get a response to my PM asking you if you still wanted it (and I checked your profile to make sure that you had signed on to CPF after I sent the PM just to make sure that you had been online), so I assumed that you had changed your mind and bought one of the HA-NAT bodies that PCMike listed. Perhaps I should have waited longer, but it was 2 days from the time of your post in this thread saying that you wanted it and the time that I sold it to Regentag, with no word from you. If you had emailed/pm'd me that you were trying to work something out with paypal I would have gladly held it for you.

I am going to order some stuff from Lighthound, so if you can live with a HA-NAT body then PM me about that and we will work something out.

Thanks,
Danny

Regentag

Banned
Lunar -

As Danny pointed out above, I was in the backup position - as I posted after you - and only 'closed' after receiving confirmation from the seller that the backup position was being 'called'. As I'm sure you know, this is not an altogether unusual course of events in this forum. There are often 'backup' buyers for a sale posting, and they are called upon if the 'primary' fails to close for any reason. Such was the case here - no more, no less.

Purely as a gesture on my part, I leave the resolution of this matter at your sole discretion. I value my reputation for 'sportsmanlike conduct' (here and elsewhere) far more than any flashlight.

If you're "Ok" with Danny's suggested alternative above, then we can leave things as they are. If you don't mind the tube taking a stop in Florida on the way to Hawaii, we can do that. If you'd rather pay Danny, and he doesn't mind repacking the item and refunding my payment, that's fine too (and doesn't involve any further effort on my part). We can even place the matter before the membership for binding arbitration in this forum, but only if you are keen on amusement (I am always keen on amusement).

All this has taken me somewhat by surprise. Though I was under no obligation to have done so, in order to avoid even the appearance of impropriety, I have PM'd Revolver asking him to *not* mail out the tube in the morning as he had planned - pending your decision. A PM to me regarding the matter is probably best at this point.

I remain,

Last edited:

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunarmodule,

PM sent. Please post here or drop me and/or Regentag a note to let us know how you want to proceed. Everything is currently on hold.

Thanks,
Danny

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Please accept my most humble apologies. I was having the day from hell yesterday and I snapped a bit when I saw the thread that the CR2 body was gone. I hadnt heard back from Danny in a few days but I was relaxed about it because I figured it was in the bag. When I finally received his PM it was too late and I got irked. Regentag, please forgive my comments. I regard you as a friend and dont want to step on any toes here, stupid over a flashlight part.

So, to resolve this. Lets do this: the person with the highest desire factor number gets the body. I have five Aleph lights and bodies, every single piece in black. Not a single CR2 body and I have bemoaned their sold out status at the Shoppe for a long time. This would complete my collection nicely as I really would like to have a micro handheld ALeph 3 kind of like the Bombleman sketch dream light in your something wonderful thread. So, scale of 1 to 100. 1 is barely perceptible as interesting, slightly noticeable. 20 is the foundation of the structure of desire. 40 is I want it, not sure if its necessary but theres an inexplicable want. over 50 is trying to have it, got to have it as the number approaches 100. over 75 is gotta gotta gotta have it, willing to sacrifice and do whatever it takes. over 90 is desperation, and 95 plus is willing to auction off vital organs on the black market to get your "thing".

I rate my desire factor for this part at a 71.

Regentag?

Regentag

Banned
Apology accepted. We all have bad days, but in Hawaii? A bad day in paradise? Say it ain't so!

At any rate, as I stated - I place the resolution of this matter completely at your discretion, so no drawing of straws is really necessary - all you need say is "I'd like to have it". Frankly, I was hoping you'd go for public arbitration - that would have been a hoot!

Notwithstanding the forgoing, if it will make you feel better - I'll play.

I have six Aleph lights, and an assortment of bodies and tails that don't quite make up a complete light (not quite sure the number, but some may be attached to SF parts). While I cannot say that they are all black, they are predominantly so. Your "Micro Handheld A3" sounds like a cool idea, and I feel that you should have the opportunity to make it a reality.

Taking all this into consideration, I would rate my "Desire Factor" for the black CR-2 tube at 70.6667 (Seventy and two-thirds, rounded). This being the case - the tube is yours for the taking! Insofar as the logistics, while it is ultimately up to the seller (Revolvergeek), provided he is willing to simply refund my PayPal, and accept yours - we're done. I will PM him, and reference this thread as well so there are no further misunderstandings.

I hope this resolves the matter to your satisfaction, Steve.

With best regards,

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
The number just increased to a 76. Daniel, would the HA Nat version at Lighthound match any of your components? All of mine are black, Henry Ford special, thats the reason I was so gung-ho on this particular piece. Danny's suggestion of getting a LH CR2 body is a good one. Comes down to it I could live with a mismatch zebra flashlight, I'm just SO saturated with HA Nat, I really prefer black or bare/brushed AL these days. I really did have my heart set on this silly piece of aluminum. I dont want to leave this hanging, lets make a decision. Daniel, please PM me when you get a chance. Thanks!

Regentag

Banned
Oh... I almost forgot!

Here's a quick snapshot I took of one of my "non-black" Alephs I thought you might enjoy...

DSC02074.jpg

Cheers! :)

Regentag

Banned
Lunarmodule said:
... I dont want to leave this hanging, lets make a decision. Daniel, please PM me when you get a chance. Thanks!

Uhhhhh, I know you're in a different time zone, but this is getting weird.

I do believe that my post above brings closure to this matter. All that remains is the "paperwork".

To reiterate - the tube is yours for the taking, Steve.

Take care (and get some rest),