My U2 works

nc987

Enlightened
So today I went to grab my U2 to use outside. I go outside, click the tailcap and it worked, perfectly.

Why might I be posting to tell you this?

Seems like everyday I come here and hear someone bitching about their flashlight breaking and cursing Surefire, or whoever. So im here to do something different and tell you that mine worked.

Seems like people only post when their flashlights break, therefore giving certain models bad reputations. We never get to hear about all the people that use them with no problems. With all the unfair bad press going around about the U2 I figured a little change would be nice. So yeah, thats it, My U2 works.

Xzn

Newly Enlightened
nc987 said:
Seems like people only post when their flashlights break, therefore giving certain models bad reputations. We never get to hear about all the people that use them with no problems. With all the unfair bad press going around about the U2 I figured a little change would be nice. So yeah, thats it, My U2 works.
Amen to that.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine also worked perfectly the 10+ times I used it last night :) (like it always does...)

Lighting up my surroundings with perfect warm white, un-donutty light;)

Flakey

Enlightened
Las night i put a 18650 rechargeable lithium ion battery in my U2 and it worked!!!!! Just like it always has, and really bright too! challenges my c3:p91! One time i dropped my U2 pretty bad and the clicky tailcap failed, and it has sence magically fixed itself, god i love this little light! but seriously im right there with you man! I am amazed by my U2, i couldnt ask for any more out of a flashlight.

Edit: i just grabbed my u2 off of the lightstand, and pressed the tailcap in, and it turned on .... AGAIN!!!!!!!! lol

pelks

Newly Enlightened
Last night I used my U2 to light up my car battery, so I can try out my HID modified Lightforce spotlight and guess what!!!!

It worked perfectly.

Like it always does.

Long live the U2 :rock:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! You guyz are too much! I'd really like to get a U2. I admit the horror stories about the failures and the donut holes are keeping me from getting one - that and the price. I still am eyeballing the U2 though....

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kdog3
I've handled a few U2 at this point and it's just not -quite- the right light for me (my fondness for the Gladius is well known at this point).

Having thrown that disclaimer out I will still say that the U2 is a pretty darn awesome light and, to be best of my knowledge, Surefire has eventually made things right every time. You might have a "hiccup" in your ownership if you are unlucky to get a bad switch or whatever but you aren't going to loose out because it will get repaired so it's not really a risk in the end.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the past 15 months, I have clicked my U2 countless times with both primary and 18650 cells loaded in it, and it has ALWAYS worked......... :)

And I only see donut holes when I go out of my way to buy donuts.......mmmmm donuts..... :D

ront

Newly Enlightened
Great post nc987!! We do usually only hear the bad things. I have only had my U2 for a short time now, but so far so good. I really do like the light. Very versatile. Good tint and only a very slight doughnut hole. Great light. I am gald I got it!

Ron

Numbers

Enlightened
Come on guys,
You "only" hear about lights when they dont work precisley because they are supposed to work. Purchasers have the right to expect that their purchases will work. This is especially true with high end lights! High prices equals high expectations -- including, at a minimum, one that works.

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
I second with Numbers

seeing as I imagine this thread was prob started do to my complaining about how my u2 had crapped out, but i will kindly step down and let this thread continue on its way

"I second Numbers"

bye

nc987

Enlightened
Well really, if people post when there flashlights break, theres just enough reason to post when they work.

Hey I grabbed my U2 this morning to look for a leak under my sink, and it worked yet again!

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
sorry to step in one last time i just want to try and make a point, if you buy a car and it starts to mess up on you, you tell them right? now if your car is working ok do you make a trip out of your way just to say hey guess what my car is doing just fine just thought i would let you know that "useless" peace of info am i not right here? so posting because something broke is useful
and "yes" posting that your flashlight works is also useful too.
but my crabby situation started with

1.a messed up tail clicky,
2. a very noticble doughnut whole even though it says on there website gaurenteed flawless beam "but would not service it for that reason" surefire told me "no go"
3. the gaurenteed forever led goes out on me for almost $300 which is a lot to me should be better than this i could have gotten the night ops gladius
4. last and final thing to top it off i had to pay to send them there deffective material which they sent out the door with what seems like very poor qaulity control and wait 3-6 weeks before i fianlly get to use my $300 flashlight

so yes keep posting everyone that has a U2 that is still working it helps people make there decisions, I along with others that have unfortunetly had bad luck don't like to be razzed on.

I just figured this particular spot on the forum in the led section would be a good place to post my opinion and experiance with this particular flashlight.

sorry if i'm gettin on ppl's nerves

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I haven't really followed your situation with the U2. Your LED failed, and they did not replace it in warranty? I was under the impression that LED emitters are covered under the lifetime warranty.