M3, M3T vs A2 beams + thanks quickbeam!

Protaeus

Enlightened
Hey guys,
Im seriously considering getting an M3, but Im not sure how big an improvement it is practically speaking in comparison to an A2 aviator, which is currently my outdoor/wow light.
Will it completely blow it away? Also, how much does the M3T focus the light? Does it make it like a hole in the paper effect?

Finally, I'd just like to thank quickbeam on his absolutely brilliant site! Especially since he changed the torch performance charts! Now I can just search for the torch I want with the browser and I can also organise them to whatever I want! Absolutely brilliant!:goodjob:
Truly love your work Quickbeam! Keep it up!

Regards

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3 and M3T will heartily out throw the A2, especially with the HOLAs. I think Al has a nice beamshot somewhere that shows the difference between the M3 and M3T. The beams of both are not the hole in paper but sort of oval or squashed with a nice even spill. An N2 lamp in the M3T will give you the most perfect beam. :)

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Either one of these SureFire M3s are incredible lights in their own respective right. The T-Head one may be a tad bit cumbersome to carry, but the SF.M3 is alot easier and I have done so in the past without "hindrance" of any sorts. Of course Your Methods May Vary accordingly.

Maybe you can go with the SF.M3, and later on down the road, get the Turbo-Head. Since you have the SureFire Aviator, I wouldn't get rid of that. It's a keeper to be sure.

Anyhou, Hope you "zero" in on what you're looking for and Enjoy! :wave:

Flakey

Enlightened
i would say get the m3t, as you said this is going to be the outdoor WOW light, so the fact that it wont be comfortable in the pocket of your jeans is probably not that big of a deal, i say if your going to go for it, go all the way, get the m3t

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
I have an M3 with the LOLA and it is pretty bright and even brighter with the HOLA. The hotspot is a little oval looking but it doesn't bother me. It fits great on my duty belt. I think the M3T would be a little too bulky for me. If I want more throw than the M3 will give me, I just pull out the AE powerlight:) I think the M3 is a great light, just eats batteries like they are candy with the HOLA.

DreamScape

Enlightened
Hi Protaeus,

Just a few Links to wet your appetite!

M3 or M3T

SF M3T beamshot request please.

M3T or M4?

M3 Beam Profiles

The SF A2

The M3 is brighter than the A2 Yes. The beam is more of an oval shape, seen in the M3 Beam Profiles. The M3T is just focused tighter for further throw. I find It has nice spill too.
The M3 is spot on for easy carry and great looking too. The M3T is also great looking but has a larger head and a bit larger to carry/put in your pocket.

Good luck on your purchase, you will not be disappointed with M3 or M3T :grin2: They are awesome