Fenix price down - officially announed yesterday

flashlightfans

Newly Enlightened
fenix.jpg

Last edited:

sb0007

Newly Enlightened
All fellow flasholic lighthound has also reduced their pricing for all fenix (oops except L0P).....Oh man..... a bunch of great lights make even better......

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
it could also be because of new product P1 launch
it could also be because of less demand or lower sales
it could also be because of breakeven point has reached for a new company, they now want to increase sales by reducing the prices

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wrong! I was charged the new lower price. I just squeeked by.

Last edited:

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, so dealers are still into price gouging...
A little Google searching for L2P and this is what I found:

$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$47.50 + shipping
$47.89 (sale!) + shipping

So the cheapest is $46.50 + shipping. This is better than it was though. Back when there was a lot of hype about the L2P there were dealers selling it for $70. (Unfortunately you don't know about shipping until you try to actually purchase. There was a thread recently about an online seller that had shipping something like $15 for small items.)

Does it take awhile for dealers to accept the new pricing, or do they keep the prices high as long as it is a popular product?

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
bjn70 said:

$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$47.50 + shipping

So the cheapest is $46.50 + shipping. This is better than it was though. Back when there was a lot of hype about the L2P there were dealers selling it for $70. (Unfortunately you don't know about shipping until you try to actually purchase. There was a thread recently about an online seller that had shipping something like $15 for small items.)

Does it take awhile for dealers to accept the new pricing, or do they keep the prices high as long as it is a popular product?

I think it's down to terms from the manufacturer as to what they can sell at.

Price fixing is illegal here in the UK.

I reckon competition from Triton, and the visible loss of 200+ sales has something to do with the price reductions.

VWTim

Enlightened
I can see if all dealers don't drop their prices immediately. Especially if they're sitting on old stock that they paid more for.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excuse me sir, but your ignorance is showing.
First of all those prices only appear to be displayed for the Asian market, you'll probably note that prices are not displayed on the English language pages. Secondly, changes in pricing are seldom immediate unless the company offers and coordinates some sort of price protection to the retail vendor (i.e. reimburses the retail vendor proportionally for reductions in price that they need to take.) Price protections are quite common with companies in the U.S. with large retail chain accounts, however if they're offered to smaller retail vendors (e.g. e-tail vendors), it may take a while before it trickles down through the distribution channel to the merchant.

Please think about that and consider learning a bit about retail merchandising before you blindly go around accusing merchants of price gouging.

bjn70 said:

$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$46.50 + shipping
$47.50 + shipping

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Great News !! Time to furnish my entire family with Fenix's :D

However, with prices dropping like this ..... I'm gonna wait a while before I get a P1 !!

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
VWTim said:
I can see if all dealers don't drop their prices immediately. Especially if they're sitting on old stock that they paid more for.

but how many would buy at a higher price if buyers are aware of price reduction???? wont the dealers be in loss in that way too?

either way, it's a risk.. isnt it?

greenLED

Flashaholic
abvidledUK said:
I reckon competition from Triton, and the visible loss of 200+ sales has something to do with the price reductions.
From what I heard, the Triton is really not up to the level of quality as Fenix.