Peak McKinley, which color LED?

Tooner

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys

I have a Peak Caribbean with the snow white LED. I originally bought it with the key chain body and decided to order the pocket body for it. So now I'll have a spare body doing nothing. So I thought for something different, I would order a McKinley head with colored led's. Which color, that is the question.

I was thinking about putting this light in my tool bag. I repair business equipment and machines. So I need a light that I can peer inside dark machines with. Also I sometimes work on large printers. This requires doing print head alignments. Akin to what you have probably done on your own home ink jets. You know, print out a pattern and then make an adjustment. Anyway several of these patterns are yellow ink on white paper. Very hard to see, even when using a loupe. I mostly use my River Rock 2 AAA right now for work. My co worker bought one as well. He feels like the blue tint of the RR contrasts the yellow for him better, but I don't really feel it does.

So my choices are red, amber, cyan, blue, pink/purple, snow white, and RGB.

Red – I'm afraid might not be bright enough to light up machine innards.

Amber – I would think it would hide the yellow.

Cyan – I'm thinking this may be a good compromise.

Blue - I'm afraid might not be bright enough to light up machine innards.

Pink/Purple – This could work, maybe.

Snow White – Might be ok, but it isn't different.

RGB – What is this like? I have no idea.

Your thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

Thank you.

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
Tooner, i can't help you other than to tell you that you don't want the RGB LEDs for your work. The RGB starts out red and slowly changes through several different colors. I'm about ready to buy a McKinley RGB for my pleasure. Point it at the ceiling and watch all the colors. With 7 LEDs in the McKinley each led will start out the same color and, gradually, they will get out of phase with each other so you are getting all sorts of intermingling colors. It's a colorful toy. I was playing with one during my visit to the Peak factory and it's pretty darn cool. Great bunch down there at Peak by the way.

Steve