• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Aleph Chromies - SOLD

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
I've enjoyed having these chrome lights but I'm really more an HA Nat fan so here goes.

Selling these three lights together.

Aleph 2 with CR2 body. Bezel ring is black. I've carred this one but it doesn't really have any flaws. It's a handy little light. NexGen 500 TW0J, two stage. Don't know the resistors. I have trouble getting the low stage to stop flickering with the button. No problems with the twisty.

Aleph 2 with chrome bezel ring. Can't remember who chromed this one but Don I don't believe ever did chrome bezel rings. It's a NexGen 500 TWOJ as well. I have the same flickering problems holding the button on low. No flickering with the twisty on low same as the CR2.

Chrome PD with polished clip and titanium bezel - tritium in button. I've carred this one as well but somehow I got some very fine scuff scratches on one spot that you can see in one of the pictures. Maybe they can be buffed out because they are really fine. Don't notice it unless you are looking close. It does affect the shine at that point though. UX1K in this one.

Anyway, $700 for all three shipped to CONUS. Paypal is preferred. First, "I'll take it" gets them.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

Last edited:

AlanH

Enlightened
Re: Aleph Chromies

I take em, Back up if required. (i.e, No 2), although I doubt I would be needed !

Nice snag catman.

Alan

Catman10

Enlightened
Paypal sent.
Yeah, I'm happy about the buy. I used to have a chrome aleph 2, but had to sell it. I think these may have been done by KJ?

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
I believe KJ did the knurled one. The CR2 was done by Don. It's actually got a smooth head which is different from most Alephs, I believe.

photorob

Enlightened
I am confused. Why are chrome PD's going for so much. what is stopping someone from just taking a regular pd and having it chromed. It is not like it is some rare metal. Does it have some special bin that is whiter then god himself.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
photorob said:
I am confused. Why are chrome PD's going for so much. what is stopping someone from just taking a regular pd and having it chromed. It is not like it is some rare metal. Does it have some special bin that is whiter then god himself.

:lolsign:
Supply and demand!! Don said it was a PITA to chrome the PD's.

photorob

Enlightened
That doesn't really explain anything What is the difference between an old chrome and a brand new pd that I get chromed. Why would you pay 4 times the price. Why wouldn't you just buy a new pd and get it chromed. how much would chroming cost. I could see price gouging on an exotic metal....mmmmmmmm.....titanium.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
photorob said:
That doesn't really explain anything What is the difference between an old chrome and a brand new pd that I get chromed. Why would you pay 4 times the price. Why wouldn't you just buy a new pd and get it chromed. how much would chroming cost. I could see price gouging on an exotic metal....mmmmmmmm.....tinanium.

Good question Rob, I guess by time you spend money De-Anodizing, and Chroming you will spend just as much. I would love to have a Chrome PD themed Orange County Chopper! Tritium on the ends of the handle bars!

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
I have had aluminum motorcycle parts chromed and what a pain in the butt. This was over twenty years ago but the process was; Zinc, Copper, Nickle, chrome. The chrome won't adhere without the prior coatings and you have to start with zinc because the standard copper, nickle, chrome otherwise known as "triple chrome plating" won't work - the copper won't adhere to the aluminum. Now, in 20 or so years the processes may have changed.

So anyway, the tolerences of four (or three) coatings add up; especially around screw threads. Start with normal tolerences and after the plating process you can't get the parts together. Go way loose on the tolerences and it could be hit or miss. This is probably what Don was alluding to when he said it was a pain to do and why he didn't do any more. I wouldn't want to take a standard PD and then try to chrome plate it and try to get everything back together the way it's supposed to be.

Cliff

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto! I was thinking the same. I m a vespa lover, just love restoring classic models, and had chromed quite a number of parts locally. I will see if this is possible. I ll try it first and let you guys know the update.

photorob said:
That doesn't really explain anything What is the difference between an old chrome and a brand new pd that I get chromed. Why would you pay 4 times the price. Why wouldn't you just buy a new pd and get it chromed. how much would chroming cost. I could see price gouging on an exotic metal....mmmmmmmm.....titanium.

rscanady

Enlightened
Very nice grab, only lasted 6 minutes, right place, right time.

Congrats, and if you want to sell any or all, please let me know. :sssh:

Ryan

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
GhostReaction said:
Ditto! I was thinking the same. I m a vespa lover, just love restoring classic models, and had chromed quite a number of parts locally. I will see if this is possible. I ll try it first and let you guys know the update.
I look forward to seeing your update on this. Like I had said, it's been a long time since I had anything chromed and perhaps the process has gotten simpler. If so, that'd be great 'cause I'd love to have an HA PD chromed.

Cliff

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
GhostReaction said:

GR, which flashlight are planning to chrome? :naughty:

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
I have a little classic car restoration experience. Chrome plating technology hasn't changed much, It's still a royal PITA when dealing with close tolerance machined parts, not to mention the whole HA III removal step :ohgeez: There are some great places that will do it all, but they are not cheap.