Help Required for Patent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I have an Idea, that i had posted but some of people suggested me to remove the post immidiately. I do not know anything about registering a patent and how to go about it.

could you please guide me how an idea could make it to patents in a step by step way?

Thanks in Advance
ViReN

Please review CPF Rule # 7
Reference link removed, and thread closed. - Empath

magic79

Enlightened
Are you in the U.S.?

If so, your best bet is to check the Yellow Pages, then call several patent attorneys to find who will work best with your requirements.

Even before that, write a full description of your idea, explain it to at least two people, have them sign and date it. This is your first step in protection (that's called a "patent disclosure"), and establishes a legal date that could be used in defense. It's even more powerful if you get the signatures notarized.

You should also do as good a search as your can to determine if there is "prior art" that would render your idea unpatentable, or even if you are infringing on someone else's patent. There are several good online sites.

An attorney is definitely worth the money. They know all the ins and outs and will often be the difference between getting a patent and getting rejected.

If you are outside the U.S., I don't know how foreign systems work, but undoubtably they are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts