Ordered a Pentalux from Elektrolumens

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tood the plunge and ordered a Pentalux from Wayne. Waiting anxiously for it to arrive. Can't wait to see how it wow's my fellow officer's at work. I'll post a rewiew once I've used it a bit.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well got the Pentalux yesterday couldn't wait for it to get dark. Tried it out and my first thought was "Jeeze this thing is bright". Great hotspot, lots of usable sidespill, good throw. Used it off and on all night doing security checks. I'm using Energizer 2500 NiHM C Cells. Great light Wayne.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hey Way to go on that Electrolumens Pentalux!

That's an incredible torcher to be sure and in fact a lot of Elektrolumens well built lights are somewhat under appreciated and may be overshadowed by others. Nevertheless, any beam shots?

Nadrek

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm... I'd strongly suggest feeding it something better than AA's or sub-C's - there are some nice 5500 and 6000mAh NiMH C cells available, and quite acceptable 3500 to 4000's.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nadrek said:
Hmmm... I'd strongly suggest feeding it something better than AA's or sub-C's - there are some nice 5500 and 6000mAh NiMH C cells available, and quite acceptable 3500 to 4000's.

Those aren't AA's or sub-C's their regular NiHM C cells.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did a runtime test this morning. Constantly on I got full brightness for about 35 minutes. Useable light for about another 30 minutes. That was on freshly charged Energizer C sized 2500 NiHM batteries. I mainly use the light intermitently during my shift( 930 pm to 630am) while conducting security checks or during a traffic stop.

Dawg

Enlightened
I ordered a 4C Pentalux from Wayne this Morning and He said he had the Maglight in stock so he would be able to get working on it. This afternoon, I got notification that it shipped by UPS already. Sure sounds like some good customer service there.

Based on Waynes recommendation, I ordered from Thomas-Distributing.com, an Ansmann Energy 16 Battery charger and 20 CTA 5500mah NIMH C cells. I use them in other appliances so I can never have too many.

I will post my impressions when I receive it and have a little time to play with it.