Mag reflector

van1

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I have installed a SMJLED into my 2D flashlight and would like to have a more usefull wider beam pattern, I don't mind sacrificing the hotspot if it means a more dispersed light. When I unfocus the light the black hole makes the light practically usedless. Is there any way to home modify the reflector to do this? I've checked other posts and can't find any help.
thanks,

CLHC

Flashaholic
Don't know about said LED into a Maglite, but I'm wondering if one of those replacment reflectors might do the trick? If so, check out the Group Buys and Passarounds forum. FiveMega has a QD Cam Reflector for sale going on right now.

Enjoy!

Flakey

Enlightened
i beleive there is a technique called sputtering wich is kinda like poor mans stippling. but i dont know how to do it OPPS! but an alluminum Heavy stippled reflector would be reall nice for flooding that beam up, OH and an LDF coated lense from flashlightlens.com would be nice too. good luck

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might sound silly but have you tried covering the front lens with what's known as low-vis scotch tape?

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did matte finish invisable scotch tape help solve the problem? It's a decent light difuser.