I found a cheap flood converter for Fenix L1P & L2P

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
The caps from Deer Park brand .5 liter water bottles have an inner seal ring that is a perfect fit for Fenix L1P and L2P lights. The whole cap is too large, but that inner seal is a press fit and the cap will stay on pretty snugly. These caps are transluscent and make a good flood converter that is low cost, disposable and easily replaced. You could trim these caps down, but the outer body portion basically gives a small amount of light out to about 150-degrees if you're viewing the pattern from the side.
I've been testing white and transluscent bottle caps of various brands and these were the first I've found that were actually snug.
I haven't done a heat-up test to see how they fit after 20 minutes or so. Maybe I'll do that tonight after dark... at least it worked well in the typical "bathroom with door closed test" this morning.

Last edited:

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I must have too much time on my hands today... If you don't have a ceiling to bounce from using the Fenix lights in candle mode, you can stand the light on the water bottle cap. If you leave the cap attached to the light, you get a small amount of leakage to light up the area.
Or you can remove the cap and put it open-end down on the flat surface. Then stand the Fenix on top of the cap, shining into it. Makes a neat mini glow tube effect.