Looking for a Lux I

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
I have an UK eled here with a NX1K I want to replace. Could someone recommend a place (or person) where I could buy a binned replacement Luxeon? I've never actually purchased one of these. I checked the Sandwich Shoppe, but all they have are emitters and I want a star.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonFanatic has some RX0Hs which I consider to be about the best non-S bin Lux I bin available! Over in Custom & Mod B/S/T.

Just so you know, the eLED uses a side emitter so the beam pattern will rely heavily on the reflector. The high dome Luxes will have different beams in that wide eLED reflector.

To be honest though, I just traded into an eLED which I very likely might mod just to see what happens.

vtunderground

Enlightened
cratz2 said:
Just so you know, the eLED uses a side emitter so the beam pattern will rely heavily on the reflector. The high dome Luxes will have different beams in that wide eLED reflector.

That's right, I tried a high-dome emitter in the eLED reflector, and the results were undesirable (HUGE donut hole, IIRC).

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:
PhotonFanatic has some RX0Hs which I consider to be about the best non-S bin Lux I bin available! Over in Custom & Mod B/S/T.
Thanks. That looks like a good opportunity! I'm going to buy at least one.

vtunderground said:
That's right, I tried a high-dome emitter in the eLED reflector, and the results were undesirable (HUGE donut hole, IIRC).
That's too bad. I am not really that crazy about the eLED beam and I was hoping I might get more of a flood with the high dome. Did you try moving it around at all? I wonder if a low dome would work. . .