The Perfect Surefire U2!!!!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well folks, here it is..... the Perfect U2!!

u21.jpg

As you can see from the picture, this U2 is standing freely and securely on its tail....in Candlemode!!! Nekomane was kind enough to make me a prototype U2/L5 dielrin button gaurd similar in fashion to his terrific L4 button guard. As far as I know, this is probably one of the only U2s that can do this.

Secondly, with some help from Sengoku, I was able to have the emitter swapped out with a very bright, perfectly white WXOS Lux V emitter. Sengoku also did a bit of tweeking to eliminate any traces of a donut hole.

Finnally, the light is powered by a single LG Chem 18650 cell. That gives me constant brightness for over 90 minutes on the highest setting!!!

As far as I'm concerned, this light can't get any better...........

...well till better more powerfull, and more efficient emitters come along!!:naughty:

Thanks Nekomane and Sengoku!!!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldserve,

He said that he was quite busy and wouldn't be making any more in the near future. I'm secretly hoping that if I make a big enough stir on this thread, maybe he'll decide to do a run.

Lets hope.

MSax

Luna

Enlightened
The WXOS I put in the U2 has to be on the upper end of the binning. On a ceiling bounce (visible, not measured) I hardly notice much difference from a Ultrastinger with NIMH stick (whereas a gladius was considerably dimmer as it should be) Given the US is about 200ish out the front, I guess that puts this u2 in very good light :)

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Msax glad you like it :wave:
No plans for more any time soon sorry.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
MSaxatilus said:
Finnally, the light is powered by a single LG Chem 18650 cell. That gives me constant brightness for over 90 minutes on the highest setting!!!

Are you sure you got CONSTANT output on an 18650 cell? Did you measure it? All the U2s I've measured were dimming over time on an 18650 cell. Here's a runtime chart that shows it:
http://www.obaq.tv/cpf/?page=SureFire_U2