ALX-654C malfuction?

MetalCastr

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I tried to use my ALX in cold weather with alkaline batteries, but it doesn't like this. It will shut itself off after 15 seconds or so on maximum brightness setting. When I warm it up, it doesn't do this. Any suggestions/fixes?
Thank you for your time.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you tried ni-mh cells.

just how cold are you taking about.

the light on my ALX-654C flickers for a couple of seconds when i switch it on from cold.

I have read reports on ALX-654C suddenly switching itself of when the batterys get low.

regards.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
Try a different brand of batteries.
This light has been on my to-by list for a while (That auto shut down keeps scaring me off. I'd hate to be doing something important ,be in the middle of a power outtage ,or be impressing someone with my new flashlight and then have the damn thing just shut itself off!) so this is important to me.

http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1093

I don't know how long this is gonna be in effect..

MetalCastr

Newly Enlightened
I am talking about around 40 degrees Farenheit. And whatever western Pennsylvania can get in the wintertime. I am using standard alkaline cells (duracell, energizer etc). I don't know if this auto shut-off is a "feature" or what. I currently dont have a charger capable of charging C and D cells, The high price of high-capacity cells scares me.