• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired How much real interest in a Ti clip for a popular light.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the first(hand made) sample of a clip I am going to have made if there is enough interest.Let me know please.

I am debating going thicker than .040" and may even change the design more depending on several things like attachment points,the punch out I might keep if it does'nt add too much to the quote. so far in a small quantity it looks like under $30 shipped.
If there are any questions please feel free to pm me.
Thanks to the ones who helped me get this going .:grin2:
Chris
Wider and thicker?

Samples being sent on monday

Last edited:

G-2

Enlightened
pcmike said:
I would be interested in one, although I would really love to see a bezel-down clip if at all doable! :thumbsup:

+1 bezel-down clip

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, bezel down sounds good to me too.

Weren't there clips made by or for HDS lights that could be used either direction? Like the clip is screwed down in the same place, goes down to the tail end and then comes back towards the screws so that you could use it either way?

I know it would involve more metal and more work, but maybe a "one clip, two ways to carry" would be a solution people would pay more for. It would also allow for bezel down carry as well as being able to use it on the brim of a hat all in one clip.

Anyways just some food for thought, I'd go for the clip in any version.

Leef

Enlightened
Pocket clips are my preferred way to carry EDC lights. I have adapted Wayne's Ti clips to several lights -- they're $25 each, sorta pricey. Keep us apprised.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
That design looks like a ti version of the Arc4 clip. If it works as well as the arc4 clip it should be an excellent upgrade. The Arc4 clip was easy to clip, unclip, held the brim of a hat very well and rode deep in the pocket.

For those that are requesting bezel down, I'm curious about the rationale. If it is to protect the lens and bezel, with the Arc4 style I had very little trouble with bumping the bezel on objects and I worked as an electrician then and was frequently in tight places that would have brutalized the light if it stuck up like a surefire. The Arc4 clip was great on a ball cap, as I've mentioned, and it was great having my hands free. I think I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for an arc4 in bst.

Great idea for the clip. If I hadn't sold my HDS , I'd definitely be interested. For those only interested in another design, ask around for other opinions on the Arc4 clip.

pcmike

Enlightened
What rides well in your pocket may not ride well in someone else's pockets. I'm really only interested in a bezel down clip for the sheer fact that the only reason I'd use a clip is to keep the light in place so its not bouncing all around in my pocket or what have you. However, if keeping the light in place means keep the lens up and POSSIBLY exposed, whats the point? Might as well just throw it in your pocket and let it do what it will do. I don't see the rationale AT ALL behind carrying a light bezel up where the most vulnerable part of the light has the possibility of being exposed. Especially when a clip can be made to carry the light bezel down.

Christoph has really put alot of time and energy into this, I just think that for a little bit more time his sales could be much greater if the clip allowed the opportunity for one to choose between bezel up (no idea why you would WILLING choose this) or bezel down.

Maybe I'm missing something, surely there is a reason why someone would want bezel up? Someone care to explain why ANYONE would want bezel up if you could have bezel down? Especially since most of us don't even carry anything else in the same pocket as our lights that fall into this price range!

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry it that way because I am used to it my mag was always that way on my belt. It rides in "my" back pocket outer edge next to my wallet where it is a natural motion for me to pull it and turn it on by the time it points forward no fumbling, or as Xochi said I also have used it many times on the bill of my hat.
Riding bezal up also lets you know if your light is on sooner I am not worried about breaking the lens either the type of force needed to break saphire is likely to do other damage as well so light might not be my problem. One of the reasons I like lights like my arc ,pd and soon spy005 is so I do not have to worry about throwing them in my pockets.I almost for got bezal up lets me turn it on in my pocket and it lights up the room well and I don't have to set it down.
However if you do not under stand it yo don't have to buy one.:)
the only changes I am contemplating are for strength or utility.
C

pcmike

Enlightened
I'd more then likely be out then.. no need for yet another of the "same style" clip just done in a different material at a premium price. I mean no offense. :)

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
pcmike said:
Maybe I'm missing something, surely there is a reason why someone would want bezel up? Someone care to explain why ANYONE would want bezel up if you could have bezel down? Especially since most of us don't even carry anything else in the same pocket as our lights that fall into this price range!

I think that you are over estimating the vulnerability of the light with that clip design , with that light. I used my Arc 4 in extremely demanding environments- construction sites, crawl spaces , over drop ceilings, in animal housing areas etc. so I know that it isn't all that vulnerable in that position.

If you dedicate the pocket to the HDS , bezel down would protect the lens a bit more but you'd be giving up clipping to a ball cap for instant headlamp. Not to mention the loss of pocket space. Still, you'd have the switch to worry about and the lens is relatively cheap to replace.

It is the same as the Arc but the design is light years better than the HDS clips which suck (IMNSHO)

Last edited:

InFlux

Enlightened
I don't have a horse in this race (no HDS). But another reason why some people prefer bezel up clips is to attach to the brim of a hat for hands free :shrug: :nana:

pcmike

Enlightened
I understand you guys on the brim of the hat, hands-free situation.. however there was a clip floating around made by someone that looked like it could EASILY be carried both ways. It looked like it could easily go on the brim of a hat and then easily make use of the extra bend in the metal to be used to carry the light bezel down on a pocket. Let me try to find the pictures...

Found it.. check this clip out:
ti-edcclip6.jpg

It looks like you could easily slide that onto the brim of the hat AND ALSO use it as it was designed (bezel down carry). That clip is simply awesome in my opinion. You can read all about it here . Hopefully some day (2yrs I think is the estimate) the inventor of it will do a run of them! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Leef

Enlightened
Bezel up for me on any light that has a clicky or any kind of switch that will stay on. I'd always wonder if my light were on.:ohgeez:

BTW, what's the big deal with titanium? It's neat stuff but I'd much rather have a stainless or even spring steel clip than not have an exotic Ti clip.

pcmike

Enlightened
Stillphoto said:
There we go, thats the exact one I was talking about! Thanks for backtracking and finding that!

No problem! I, quite frankly, think that clip is one of the best I've seen ever. So versatile! I'd easily pay $35-40 for that clip. We can only hope someone does a run of those! :sssh:

Leef, you wouldn't have to wonder.. people would most definitely let you know if its on or not. The HDS easily shines through fabric at such close range. :naughty:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you make a fold-over deep carry clip for the HDS (like the Arc 4 clip), I'll name my firstborn son after you.

I only ask that the length of the clip leaves a bit of space before it reaches the base of the light. What I mean is, on the HDS clip, the clip goes all the way to the base, so it's pretty much flush with the bottom. A bit of space (say, 3/8") would make the light infinitely easier to pocket.

Count me in for two.