• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 5 Inch Wonder *Pocket Rocket* Sign-Up Thread

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the Sign Up thread for the Mini-Mini HID. Currently I have around 13 lights becoming available withing the next couple weeks. People are already interested and I cannot take anymore orders until I have the currents interests filled. If more become available I will update this post.

If you need a charger and batteries Lighthound is the way to go. They ship Priority mail and typically ship your order the same day. 3 Batteries and a charger can be had for as little as $24.

http://www.lighthound.com/sales/dsd...ery_charger.htm

I have all Pewter Hosts and 2 Black available.

Interest so Far

-Lunarmodule, Bare Grooved Body & Head (Paid)S
-Lips, Fully Polished, Fully Grooved
-Crossman451, Fully Knurled, Grooved Head (Paid)S
-Cue003, Knurled Body, Grooved Head (Paid)S
-TSWrench, Knurled Body, Grooved Head (Paid)S
-AlanH, Knurled Body, Grooved Head (Paid)S
-NRK, Knurled Body, Grooved Head, Insurance(Paid)S
-FlashInThePan
-Knifebright, Smooth, Stock Head (Paid) (*Need Sig Conf.)S
-Regentag, Smoth Grooved head (Paid)S
-Regentag, Knurled Stock Head (Paid)S

A Mini Mini-HID

-Custom Modamag Battery holder
-Tri-Bored to fit the 17mm R123A 800Mah Rechargeable Lithiums
-3amp Tailswitch
-Fluted Head for now
-Runtime 30+ Minutes

-Pictured Head is *NOT* available. Grooved head will resemble this head

http://images15.fotki.com/v246/photos/1/141020/2969353/IMG_1611-vi.jpg

Pricing

-$280 Full Smooth Body Stock Head
-$300 Full Knurled Body Stock Head
-$25 Grooved Head (optional)
-$6 Shipping (International Upon Quote) Insurance optional
-+3% Paypal

Not responsible for Lost Shipments

If you have the need for the smallest HID on the block :)

Now for the Pics

IMG_1740-vi.jpg

IMG_1767-vi.jpg

IMG_1769-vi.jpg

IMG_1776-vi.jpg

IMG_1799-vi.jpg

IMG_1797-vi.jpg

IMG_1790-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris,

This is one slick light. I think you might have forgotten to post the price though.

Any chance you could quad bore and use primary CR123s?

-LT

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal_Tic said:
Hi Chris,

This is one slick light. I think you might have forgotten to post the price though.

Any chance you could quad bore and use primary CR123s?

-LT

4 x 17mm cells will not fit :(

Mac

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I highly recommend the MP 700 Maximum Power unprotected cells for max runtime, average 35 minutes. 750mAh protected cells also work in this setup, 27 to 31 minutes. Lighthound has both, as well as the 800mAh unprotecteds featured in the pics.

This is one SWEET setup. Primary cells? :thumbsdow

Rechargeables ALL THE WAY!:rock:

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Lunar,

Can you explain why the MP 700s would have a longer max runtime then even the 800mah cells. This is a new one on me.

Regards. ;-nrk

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Me, me! You forgot to include me! =)

I'd PM'd you earlier and posted an "I'll take it" in the other thread. I'm in for one knurled version in Pewter.

Please let me know where to send PayPal.

- FITP

EDIT: Thanks for adding me! This has got to be the coolest flashlight ever. PayPal locked and loaded.

My poor bank account! (Actually, that should be "my poor Mag11," since it's getting sold to help finance my first HID purchase. Bye-bye, little fella! Hellooooooo mini-mini-mini-HID.)

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
nrk said:
Lunar,

Can you explain why the MP 700s would have a longer max runtime then even the 800mah cells. This is a new one on me.

Regards. ;-nrk

Simply put, MP700s are top shelf QUALITY. The MP 700 cells are VERY conservatively rated in terms of capacity (like the way Surefire quotes runtimes or lumens) and in my experience have the highest quality materials leading to the most robust performance of all the R123 cells. It has been noted by testers that many R123 batteries measure only around 600-650mAh of capacity even though their jackets are imprinted with higher numbers.

The 800mAh unprotecteds shown in the pics are the same I have as a mainstay (got about 30 of them), I give them very high marks for quality. There are some R123 cells marked as 1000mAh selling on eBay by Chinese resellers that actually tested around 550-600mAh in true capacity. As good as the 800mAh cells are, I think they are a tad overrated as well, because NOTHING outperforms my MP 700 cells for longest runtime and minimal voltage sag under high current very demanding loads.

The Welch Allyn -008 10W HID ballast only draws about 1000mA, which puts about a 1.5C load on the R123 cells, well within the safe limts of all R123 cells (except 3.0V rechargeables - NOT recommended). 750 mAh protected blue jacket (AW) cells work perfectly in this mod and are actually preferred to the MP cells. You give up a few minutes of runtime with the 750mAh protecteds but you gain hassle free use, the cells shut the light down before it strobes excessively when it gets low and you can let it just run out without worry of damaging your cells or the light at the end of the cell's charge.

The WA ballast is unregulated BUT it will suck an unprotected cell bone dry in a hurry (leading to almost certain cell damage) once the light has been flickering/strobing for some time. It gives PLENTY of warning by way of dimming, color changing, and eventually the strobing that the voltage is low, shut it off and change / charge batteries. Experienced and knowledgeable LiIon users can manage unprotecteds if they want to squeeze every last minute from their MiniMinis, but I still think the 750mAh blue jacket protected (AW) cell is the best choice all around.

I would avoid the 1000mAh labeled ones on principle due to their grossly false claims. I've got a lot of time testing the 10W WA HID with R123, 17500, 18500, and 18650 cells and the MP 700s give the all out best runtime numbers, but the 750 AW cells are the PROTECTED cell choice. Lighthound sells them all, thats where I spent my fortune on LiIons. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Man! I'll have to sit out on this for a while until—job becomes stable since it's sooo slow right now at our company. . .

AlanH

Enlightened
I'm still in, PayPal sent, for total without US > UK shipping. Please advise when shipping cost is known. Will send that as required.

Lunar', you have a PM from Me.

Alan

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Lunar,

Thanks for the great explanation. I'm gonna go with the protected and play it safe. :)

Regards. ;-nrk

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what's the power of this little guy, Can I assume its identical to the larger light made previous to this? Anyone posted any beam comparison shots yet? Those two pieces of info would probably pretty much make it an instant go for me if it looks good.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stillphoto said:
So what's the power of this little guy, Can I assume its identical to the larger light made previous to this? Anyone posted any beam comparison shots yet? Those two pieces of info would probably pretty much make it an instant go for me if it looks good.

Same power less runtime.

Mac

TSWrench

Newly Enlightened
Mac,

PayPal sent for one pewter, knurled, grooved, and insured mini-mini.

Thank you!