smelly rubber tail switch?

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
i bought an 8 LED tail clicky light from Dae and its great but i don't like the smell of the rubber boot cap i think its called. how should i get rid of the smell? i can take it off easily so it can be dunked into stuff.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
is there a way to speed up the process? the smell gets on my thumb after i use it

CLHC

Flashaholic
Exactly what Morelite mentioned. The same situation when my Kroll was a newbie. Give it some time to "wear" off a bit.

Enjoy!

Arkayne

Enlightened
The rubber probably still contains production solvents that still need time to 'air' out. No worries, it'll eventually go away.

atm

Enlightened
A rubber carry case that came with a gadget I bought recently had an incredibly strong smell, and didn't seem to want to give it up (it is made from recycled tyres). Eventually I left it outside during the day in the sun/breeze and the smell was pretty much gone after a few days. May be worth a try.

Andrew

edakoppo

Newly Enlightened
MayCooper said:
Uhm.... why are you smelling your thumb?? :laughing:

No one else brought this up, but why are you smelling your flashlight? If you can answer "yes" to this question, you really need to stop smelling it. The above posters are correct, though--just like new carpet really stinks, the smell will go away the more time passes.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
:D ... you should have smelled the early McGizmo Aleph switches when they were young ... :green: ... man! That was a smell! :sick2:
But it went away over time ...
bernie

mdocod

Flashaholic
put it in the oven on low for a little while, (don't let it get too hot), or set it in direct sunlight for a day or 2... the heat should help speed up the proccess...