• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired USL Spot No. 34 for sale SOLD

scrappy

Enlightened
Anyone interested in a spot on the USL list? I bought the spot from Prolypsis in October 2005. It's listed at $417 I think, when I bought it I made a deal with Prolypsis for $465 (to make up for the currency exchange rate). Anyway not looking to profit here, I'll take $460 for the spot. I would love to have this light, just need the money more though. I will accept a money order, and upon acknowledgement that you sent it I'll tell bill to change the address and title of the spot.

Thanks for looking.

Oh yeah light is in MINT condition (I guess) I haven't seen it yet... lol.... also includes the Triton Charger.

Rich

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Spot No. 34 for sale

I love my USL. I would hate to be forced to get rid of it. It is so impressively bright and nothing that I have seen beats it in this size and form factor. I keep a stock 2D by its side for use when demonstrating the awesome USL technolgy developed here on CPF :)

CLHC

Flashaholic

Wow! :huh:

What a great light for the select few. Happy Selling!

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

$460 for the light? Or $460 for a spot on the list, then we have to pay seller for light?

scrappy

Enlightened

460 for the light, the money is already paid to the guys making the light, so instead of sending the light to me, they send it to you.

so in short, the light is Already paid for...

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

I took mine to the school yard last night to let the dogs run around. This thing just turned night time into daylight for the whole school yard.

There is one thing I don't understand - how I can be so totally amazed at the light output every time I turn it on. I've had mine since January. You'd think I would be used to it by now, but I'm not.

This is one of those lights that is worth more than every penny I paid for it. Good luck on the sale.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

JimH said:
I took mine to the school yard last night to let the dogs run around. This thing just turned night time into daylight for the whole school yard.

There is one thing I don't understand - how I can be so totally amazed at the light output every time I turn it on. I've had mine since January. You'd think I would be used to it by now, but I'm not.

This is one of those lights that is worth more than every penny I paid for it. Good luck on the sale.
True dat

scrappy

Enlightened

Thanks for the good wishes..

Unfortuantely its not "happy selling", the cost of heating my house has gone up and its a question of priorities now... staying warm (I understand the USL can be used for this (lol) but still the whole house needs to be warm).

Thanks again guys... hope someone wants this incredible light they built.

Rich

Blindspot

Newly Enlightened

Found the USL info I was looking for - ignore! :shrug:

Last edited:

nethiker

Enlightened

While you mentioned it in the first post, I'll emphasize that this price is for the complete package...USL + Triton Charger + Power Supply + Cool USL Bumper Sticker.

So you shouldn't think you are buying a $460 flashlight. The flashlight as I recall works out to a couple hundred bucks, right in line with other cutting edge mods. This light is the culmination of many years collaboration between CPF's top modders. It is CPF history in the making. Can't wait for mine.

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened

I am very new here about some pictures or
a link to where I can find them.

Thanks

nethiker

Enlightened

Hi hoppy, welcome to CPF :wave:

Codeman put together an excellent index of all the threads pertaining to the USL project HERE.

Delvance

Enlightened

Just imagine a light smaller in length than a M@glite 2D with output of two average car headlights put into that torch. Imagine being able to light newspaper in 1 second. :naughty: 100W+ M@gs/M@g based torches are very nice peeps...they're not cheap to build either!

hoppy1010 said:
I am very new here about some pictures or
a link to where I can find them.

Thanks

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Delvance said:
Imagine being able to light newspaper in 1 second. :naughty: 100W+ M@gs/M@g based torches are very nice peeps...they're not cheap to build either!
I have a USL, and I beg to differ. It takes at least 20 seconds to start a campfire. Of course you can get smoke in about .0973 seconds. We're talking calibrated scientific measurement here. :grin2:

scrappy

Enlightened

Thanks for giving everyone the lowdown guys. STILL AVAILABLE.... Its going to be an amazing light but I just can't afford to keep it.

Rich