Radioshack Pocket Fluorescent

Al

Enlightened
Picked this up on impulse ... found it to be a very bright area light with a run time of about 1 1/2 hrs. on a thoroughly charged pair of NimH 1600mA AA's

web page

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, picked one up for my Dad for Christmas. It is brighter then the florescent part of my Eveready Arc White. Stands up easier as well. My AM radio didn't like it though.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one 2 years ago, and IMO it's a good light. It uses a lot of juice though (640mA @ 3v.
shocked.gif

Al

Enlightened
Sure does (use a lot of juice), but the rechargeables solve the problem ... depending on your use intentions ...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have have recommended this particular light for that poster (can't remember who, now) that wanted a good light for walking at night-since the light clips nicely to your front pocket or beltline.

Al

Enlightened
Found this thru a link on Brock's site (Chris Millinship under "Led Related Sites")
web page

Brock

Flashaholic
Sure, now RS says they don't have them in stock and don't know when/if they will get more
frown.gif
Is it really brighter then the Eveready Arc White? That would be bright
smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seemed it at the time but I don't have both anymore to compare. I believe the package claimed it was 5 watts but that seems a stretch.

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Al:
Sure does (use a lot of juice), but the rechargeables solve the problem ... depending on your use intentions ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree... about the lot of juice. I had one I used extensively a few years ago during an overnight power failure. After I ran it through the first set of alkalines, I pulled some rechargeables out of another appliance and ran them out within 30 minutes. I continued using it as the light source in our hall by installing another set of alkalines.

The next day when I put a new set of batteries in it, it wouldn't come on. I stopped back by Radio Shack, mostly because I was simply fond of the size of the light. After finding again what they cost, I decided their life (based on how long mine lived) wasn't long enough to justify RS's asking price.
frown.gif