Need Sympathy - Ran mint Arc LS through laundry

wmirag

Enlightened
As soon as I opened the door to my front-loader and saw how bright it was in there, I knew it was going to be a tough day. My mint Arc LS (upgraded last year) had gone through the wash and, most unfortunately, worked its way out of my jeans pocket in the process.

Though it still works perfectly with not even a haze of water vapor anywhere, the HA on the outer circumference of the bezel wore off about 80% and became nasty and rough.

I'm pretty pissed at myself. All I could do was carefully sand a nice. even chamfer along the whole edge. The newly bare 1/32" bevel almost looks intentionally decorative now. This light survived years of (no keys) pocket-carry in almost mint condition but was ruined by a moment of stupidity.

If I could do Yoga, I'd kick myself dead in the _ss.

W.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
awwwwww.....

now to make yourself feel better you need to strip the rest of the HA III off, the ARC LS looks like a million bucks in the bare.

Doug

cy

Flashaholic
o00pppp...

I've got mint ARC LS bodies available, if you want to rekit.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
WMirag,

Sorry to hear that. I know it must be frustrating as I too try to keep my belongings in good shape.

I wish I knew what to say, but I am glad that at least your Light was not lost.

Best Wishes,
John

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
That stinks! Now you won't have to baby it so much though since it already has "character." I doubt that is much consolation though.

Chris201W

Enlightened
Boy and I thought it was bad when I scratched the tailcap of my X5 trying to put a split ring through it...

It's always annoying when your lights get messed up because of something inherently stupid. Dropping it or hitting against keys is one thing, but it really gets to me when I mess up a light doing something that I should have known would mess it up.

mdocod

Flashaholic
If it costs more than I am willing to have scratches or dents on, I won't buy it. If I carry it, and use it daily, it's a tool, it's going to get dropped, scuffed, and someday might break. I see scuffs and scratches as a life story of the tool, and shows off just how much the tool has been through and still works. Take of the HA, and let the story begin! hehe.

I still sympathize though- because I feel bad the *first* time I scratch a light, but after that, it's easy.