Where can i find lottery??

wuyeah

Enlightened
Dear all,

From time to time in this forum, i have heard people winning Lottery for their awsome dream light such as: U2, L2...etc.

Wondering, Where exactly find out lottery chance? Was it posted any where in this forum? or it is something they found at other source sites?

All i can say it, it is awsome to get such a good light for free. Congrat to them all, and wishing i can find out where to enter, so i can be one of those lucky buddy(s).

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you are referring to the "Luxeon" lottery.

Luxeons are the type of LED emitters used in the lights you mentioned.
Luxeons used to have a wide variance in terms of light intensity (flux) and color (tint). Nowadays these variance are somewhat reduced.

I won the Luxeon Lottery many times, when I bought some SF LED lights and they proved to be overachievers in terms of flux and tint.
I lost the Luxeon lottery too. I have some dim and greenish lights as witnesses of such a misfortune.

Hope this helps

Anthony

Flakey

Enlightened
Yeah, unfortunately there is no real "lottery" for high powered flashlights, cause i would waste a whole heap of money on that! ray of light pretty much hit the nail on the head. For example the surefire u2 used to be rated at 80 lumens on high now 100, now they didnt change anything in the light they were just taking into account the fact that not all led's are created equal. from my own testing i have discovered that my u2 is much brighter than 100 lumens, and is quite white in color ... so i WON !!!

wuyeah

Enlightened
Alloy Addict said:
Don't feel bad, it took me a little while to figure it out too.:whistle:

Hahaha, I won't feel bad because now i know....no body gets good light for free :laughing:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha. No you don't enter to play a lottery and win a nice light.

Luxeon lottery = luck of the draw. You get an un-selected led, it might be a good performer and very very white, or it may not. Just a random one off the assembly line.