Any Luxeons with fV of R?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a Luxeon I,III, or V that has a forward voltage (fV) of R?

If you know of any, please let me know. Thank you!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that a "no" then?

Seems to me that there would have to be some Luxeons out there with an R fV since it is listed on their website.

Thanks anyway! :)

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a LuxeonV bin code WX1S and it had a forward voltage of 6.10V at 700mA. After Luxeons are burned in awhile, the forward voltage drops some. Maybe after another 100 hours of use it will drop to 5.80V? If so, that would make it a WX1R. Not sure if anyone has a LuxeonV below S straight out of the factory.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
BentHeadTX said:
I have a LuxeonV bin code WX1S and it had a forward voltage of 6.10V at 700mA. After Luxeons are burned in awhile, the forward voltage drops some. Maybe after another 100 hours of use it will drop to 5.80V? If so, that would make it a WX1R. Not sure if anyone has a LuxeonV below S straight out of the factory.

Probably more like a VX1R. LuxV's have a pretty short lifespan as it is.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
Probably more like a VX1R. LuxV's have a pretty short lifespan as it is.

So far, the highest fV of the Luxeon III has been an 'N'. So I guess the queestion can be for either III or V Luxeons.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I would guess a red luxV (if there is any) would have a Vf lower than R.
But other than that, I guess you can burn some of the time from your luxV S Vf bin off :p

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a very good bit of information. This is for the white LEDs. However, I MAY have to do just that, . . . burn some time off of an S fV Luxeon V.